Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IN game speech in ut2004

Hi people.

Having just realy got to grips with ut2003 the whole ingame speech thing is a little confusing for me.(i nether figured out how to use teamspeak)
    I think its a realy cool idear but im not sure how to go about setting it up with the demo. I kinda want to know what to do before the full game arrives in the UK. As im hoping then to join a clan which i have been invited to join.

fisrt. do i need to have one of those head sets that have both a mic and earphones, or do i just need a mic.(as id rather hear stuff through all speekers as i have an audigy2 set up in 5,1 which helps in locating attackers position.

if just mic which setting do i need to set in menus. oh and will a USB headset work or must it be 3.5 mm jackes to plug into sound card.

Your help and advice would realy be useful to me and others im sure

Thanks people...I`ll be fraggin ya

Well, no you don't need a headset but they rule A normal mic will be fine.

You don't need to set anything in the settings, just presss "F" in-game and talk the night away :up:

Comment

Will everybody hear it or just your own team?

and i take it i can talk at the same time i do some quality fraggin.

Comment

just your team

Comment

so will a USB headset work or is it the old fashioned way

Comment

It'll be just your team that hear you. If you want everyone in the game to hear you, press "P" and it'll take you to the public channel. Don't forget to press "P" again when you're done

Comment

voice

I bound my voice to my G button (Dont ask me why), and I have the button in the middle bottom (looks like 2 windows) on my mx500 bound to keystroke G. I can chat with the mouse this way, pretty cool.

Comment

The special editon of the game is supposed to come with a Logitech headset. I think it's the old fashioned kind though, not USB.

There is a link somewhere on the forum that tells how to set up the whole voice recognition and voice chat system in the demo.

Comment

thanks peeps realy helpful so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Panick
                    The special editon of the game is supposed to come with a Logitech headset. I think it's the old fashioned kind though, not USB.

There is a link somewhere on the forum that tells how to set up the whole voice recognition and voice chat system in the demo.
                    Here is the link to the Logitech headset that you get:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/1566.gif

and

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6339

Comment

I'd still go for a headset. A mic + speakers will work of course, but whoever's listening on the other side will hear your in-game sounds looped back constantly. Very annoying.

Comment

i want one of those throat microphone things that special operations people use.

Comment

Originally posted by yoghurt
                          I'd still go for a headset. A mic + speakers will work of course, but whoever's listening on the other side will hear your in-game sounds looped back constantly. Very annoying.
                          No they won't ... UT'04 automagically suppresses all the sound every time you wish to speak.
                          That's one of the advantages of a built-in Voice-over-Ip features

Comment

Thanks for the links, i see woz on now.

im glad its not on all time, so peeps wont hear me swearing like a dog the next time a noob gets in the way of me getting a headshot

thanx

Comment

I like the speech component too, but I hope the quality gets better. It would be nice if it got to be as good as xbox live. Speech adds a totally new component to online gaming.

However, right now everyone sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

Comment

Working...
                              X