Will UT2k4 be making it to the XBox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will UT2k4 be making it to the XBox?

I'm just wondering if UT2k4 will be making it to XBox, because i've heard that it would run very poorly on my computer and i am too broke to afford an upgrade. Any news on this front?

(hey pez, this place looks a LOT like gg, i got them confused for abit and wondered if BC changed the colors around, hah)

I hope that it does not.

It would look crappy, play crappy, and the controls would be too sh1tty to even be able to hit anyone...

Comment

Last time I talked to Cliffy, he said everyone had misunderstood and that The Demo was actually a demo for UT2004 Xbox: UT04 PC had been scrapped around the time of the Necris. And then a liger leapt in and ruffled up Cliffy's latest quiff.

ps. No Xbox UT04. Save yer gamepad for Mega Bomberman.
      pps. That link isn't a hoax, ligers are in fact the biggest cats on the planet, another half larger than the Siberian tiger. Just so you know.

Comment

Originally found in UT2004 Demo System\UC.int
        [General]
        Start="Unreal Championship (Starting)"
        Exit="Unreal Championship (Exiting)"
        Run="Unreal Championship (Running)"
        Product="Unreal Championship"
        Abbreviation="UC"
        Ya never know what they're planning..... :up:

Comment

XBOX just came out with unreal 2 (XMP) , which is pretty similar to onslaught in some ways.

Lot of the people who like unreal championship don't like Unreal 2 as it's more of a teambased game.

It plays almost as if you combined RTCW and Ghost Recon. You have different people who do different roles and vehicles available. Though none of them fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Wadd
            XBOX just came out with unreal 2 (XMP) , which is pretty similar to onslaught in some ways.

Lot of the people who like unreal championship don't like Unreal 2 as it's more of a teambased game.

It plays almost as if you combined RTCW and Ghost Recon. You have different people who do different roles and vehicles available. Though none of them fly.

I think it's more like there are no bots in XMP so it's not really fun playing on the console if you're forced to be online to use that mode.

Comment

Don't think so, but it would be a good Xbox live thing I suppose, ONS I mean!

I think everyone deserves to play this game, I'm not that selfish that I don't think people with an Xbox don't deserve it or anything, but I also think the game is meant more for PC, I've seen a few console shooters, and they always need to do some trick with the aiming to make it work. Rainbow Six actually looked good, but it's not the PC game, I mean, in that game you're feared of getting shot at every step you take, but the Xbox game is just different. I still believe FPS games don't work well on console for me, sure it can be fun, but I don't like the tricking they do with aiming.

Comment

There are so many fps games released on consoles nowadays it's a wonder sony and microsoft don't release a mouse and an n52 like device that would work with these games. It would solve so many problems for developers porting over their games.

Comment

Originally posted by JediPo0
                  There are so many fps games released on consoles nowadays it's a wonder sony and microsoft don't release a mouse and an n52 like device that would work with these games. It would solve so many problems for developers porting over their games.

...But controllers are superior to a keyboard and mouse!

Comment

When asked this question in IRC, Mark said "Not at this time".

Comment

Originally posted by Baron
                      :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Baron
                        Yeh, with those nearly auto-aim (as in making aiming easier) tricks developers put it . Controlers rock, but for different gametypes .... for me that is, if you play FPS games better with controlers, well, good for you I think, I'd play console FPSs if I was.

Comment

Working...
                        X