Redeemer Strategery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks y'guys, I tried the verticle strike and it works *awesomely* online. Unfortunately, the bots still shoot it down every time. The 'deemer's only chance in a botmatch is if it's fired practically at point blank range when nobody else is looking...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    IMO if the deemer is coming anyway nearly straight toward you the shock combo makes it super easy to blow up.

offset

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Woolie Wool
    With the Redeemer, you find a place where there's lots of enemies close together, fire it at the group (at the center if possible), and run in the other direction of the missile as fast as possible.
    On onslaught you'd replace "lots of enemies close together" with "a vulnerable power node or core". And you'd probably not need to run away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With the Redeemer, you find a place where there's lots of enemies close together, fire it at the group (at the center if possible), and run in the other direction of the missile as fast as possible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DJ_Virulent

Here's a funny one for y'all: today while playing Torlan, I grabbed the Redeemer a few times and alt-fired flying around. Some idiot on my team by the name of "Blades998" (if you're on this board, you deserve to get called out bud) kept telling my team to "take out that incoming Redeemer, someone shoot it down" on VOICECHAT. Since I don't have a headset I kept alternating between spamming teamsay "That's your team's Redeemer you idiot" in console and trying to fly the thing. Took out an enemy node with it. Did it AGAIN and the same thing, he's spamming voicechat to take it out. Once again I spam and he continues to babble. I take out another enemy node with it. Now he FINALLY realizes it was someone on his **** team, and sheepishly says, "Erm, good job whoever fired that Redeemer..."

I think we need a Moron Of The Day topic here.
    That's some funny ****. Stuff like this is why I await the coming of the full game with a mixture of excitement and dread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I always fire the Redeemer straight at the ground with alt fire, hug the ground with it flying towards the side entrance (since no one ever guards it), then fly straight in and to the core. Works everytime. Also a great way to get into a base with a vehicle without anyone taking you out. Once I even drove a friggin' tank in the side, with someone manning the turret even at the entrance. It's insane how many players don't think of that entrance as a possible threat, or they're just whoring for kills by focusing on that enemy-held node during defense...

Here's a funny one for y'all: today while playing Torlan, I grabbed the Redeemer a few times and alt-fired flying around. Some idiot on my team by the name of "Blades998" (if you're on this board, you deserve to get called out bud) kept telling my team to "take out that incoming Redeemer, someone shoot it down" on VOICECHAT. Since I don't have a headset I kept alternating between spamming teamsay "That's your team's Redeemer you idiot" in console and trying to fly the thing. Took out an enemy node with it. Did it AGAIN and the same thing, he's spamming voicechat to take it out. Once again I spam and he continues to babble. I take out another enemy node with it. Now he FINALLY realizes it was someone on his **** team, and sheepishly says, "Erm, good job whoever fired that Redeemer..."

I think we need a Moron Of The Day topic here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Remember you can destroy ther deemer by killing the controller and if you are the controller you dont need to launch it from the tower, i find getting closer to thje node is alot better.

anyways the only two things i task as 99% reliable when shooting down reddemers or avrils are the enrgy turrets for long range and hellbender shock chains for close. A shock combo would probably do a realy good job too but i cant do them that well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like when the person who shoots it stands on the edge of the building.

they usually go

GRRRRRRRR

LMAO

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The redeemer is way too freakin easy to shoot down. It practically holds still it's moving so slow. You don't even have to aim to hit it just fire alot.

Heck...don't even bother shooting. By the time it hits your location, you'll have WALKED halfway across the map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone shot down the redeemer I was piloting about 100 yards out using a minigun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've learned that the best way to keep the 'deemer from dying a premature death is to keep it low, "nap of the earth" so to speak. Some people will actually see it and start running for a second before they remember that it can be shot down. lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice write-up MachDelta ! I especially liked the "visions of Monster-Kills dancing in my head" part

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL you guys are cracking me up...

"How can you miss a big-*** missile with the words "Swallow This!" etched on the side of it?"

-Well, you know, defending the middle node, no view of the sky, dead before you know it. True about skyboxes, too. They were easier to see before (but we only have one map...so jury still out).

Shock rifle was always the easiest way to kill one, until now. Don't know if it still is. The combo was big enough you just have to explode it anywhere near the nose cone.
    Killed 'em in UT with everything except goo. Sniper was especially satisfying....but nothing beat the shock combo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, usually I don't run around on the tower with the deemer (falling off sucks :bulb: ), but with AVRiLs I pretty much always strafe around a little.
    I love people who stand still to guide them though.... *HEADSHOT!*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yer i tend to lean towards using the LG to take out a deemer. It's especially pleasing when u spy an enemy raptor heading for the tower in Torlan, obviously meaning to take the deemer, then just zoom in a tad with the LG and w8 for the fecker to fire it off, then just zap it, right in his face :haha:

Also as was mentioned earlier by someone about being able to move about when ALT firing the deemer, the same applies to the AVRiL.... so many ppl frozen to the spot in the hills lol :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X