Redeemer Strategery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redeemer Strategery

I’ve read that you can successfully shoot down the redeemer but I was wondering if anyone had any strategy on how to do so.
    It’s pretty slow moving so I would think it would be possible. I'm still on the fence on if it is really a good thing to have it in ONS. It kind of reminds me of the BFG in the quake 3 arena days.

Anway, what weapon works best - for instance, is it possible to lock on with the AVRiL?
    Anyone got any good tips on how to destroy it, besides to just get the h@## out of the way?

shock rifle,aim a little ahead,you have to be a good shot
    if its close to you minigun or similar will work

Comment

Arguably the minigun works best.
      However, at close range the linkgun secondary also works a charm and I've often enough shot the redeemer down with the shock and LG.
      I would recommend against using the biorifle.

Comment

I've done it quite a few times with a turret, whoever shot the redeemer is always ****** off .

Comment

Heh, I usually just use the AR.

Is it possible with the ShieldGun? Would be pretty fun trying that

Comment

The redeemer is very easy to shoot down as long as you see it coming. It takes about 2 hits with most weapons to stop it I think. I've managed to take it out with the chaingun (which is the best weapon to try it with if the guy is aiming it right at you), the link gun and the pulse rifle. If you happen to play the instant action against the bots they'll show you how to do it nearly everytime you fire it.

Comment

another thing,fot the nubs
              you can move your charachter just like ingame while you alt fire the redeemer
              so dont just stand there ,if your on top get in the center and croutch if your on level grond move just like you normally would
              make the deemer move crazy too,not just in a straight line
              You get alot more frags with suprise,dont launch it across the map and give them warning,go to high population and let it fly close range
              even if you kill yourself,I allmost guarentee more frags

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonics
                I've done it quite a few times with a turret, whoever shot the redeemer is always ****** off .

Yeah, the turret works really well for knocking down a deemer. :up:

[Nelson]HA HA![/Nelson]

Comment

The redeemer only takes one shot to kill....but that one shot must hit THE NOSE of the missle.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonics
                    Agreed, nothing like seeing the whole middle part of the map go up.
                    The funniest is when someone misfires it on top...oops

Cool.. I didn't know you could use conventional weapons like the mini or the shock rifle. Should have some fun with those tonight.

Comment

Problem is in UT2K4 I never see the deemer until it's too late.
                      It was a lot easier to take out in the original UT.

Comment

Turret is good for it on Torlan. I shot down 3 or 4 redeemers in a row using the turret to defend the node next to the enemy base (yes, it did take our team a while to actually destroy the power core ).

I dunno who it was camped out on that tower, but they musta been getting a tad annoyed with me. Or thought the redeemer was bugged..

Comment

For me it's more a problem of how NOT to get your 'deemer shot down... you go right out of your way to get the big blaster of doom, only for it to go out with a "paff" rather than a... well, text can't do the same job as a subwoofer. Especially in botmatches, they *always* see the **** warheads coming.

Comment

I've shot it down in UT2k3 with the ROCKET LAUNCHER !!!ONE

the deemer guy used secondary fire and tried to aim it right at my face and i just let a rocket fly right into it

Comment

It is, of course, a lot easier to hit when it's coming towards you. I've only done it once so far, with the lightning gun. At first, when firing it, I thought it might be good to make it hug the ground to be less visible. But now I think it's just best to take it over the target, then straight down because I really do believe people have a harder time aiming at things vertically than horizontally because of what they usually aim at. But once they learn that with these big open maps, I think just going straight for the target and getting lucky is all that's left.

And if they were easier to hit in UT, I think it was only because that game had so many space backgrounds that made it stand out.

Comment

Working...
                              X