Score Rules Not Suitable For Onslaught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score Rules Not Suitable For Onslaught

At this time i hope some ppl to have noticed that using a score for onslaught that was designed for game types where frag was the main way to score is an error. Obviously Epic need to design a new score sytem for a new gametype where conquering, destroying, defending, and recharging nodes are tasks that take a lot of time for players and are not rewarded properly. The unique way to solve this without using decimals or reducing too much the worth of a frag is creating a new score system. Maybe a 3 to 4 digits one. Then the next step should be to stablish rewards for all tasks related to nodes and not only capturing them. Without those changes a player looking for scoring has a lot of reasons for playing onslaught like a deathmach rather than an strategy gametype.

Epic's already changing the way points are scored in ons.

Comment

Agreed ... many are just going out and killing anything that adds points to their score and leave the 'saving of the nodes' to others .. some thought is needed here!

Comment

Originally posted by acc
        Nice

Comment

Originally posted by CH405
          Nice

yup.:up:

.........what are they changing them to tho?

Comment

Originally posted by acc
            where they said that?

Comment

nice to hear that

Comment

Originally posted by CH405
                Nice
                Well, I know in CTF, you get points for fragging and capping.

However, I agree that in ONS you need to focus on the objective though. As one of my friends pointed out to today, the main reason he liked UT1999 domination is that you had to focus on the objective, not just fragfesting. He dislikes Double Dom, but he thinks ONS is a lot like Domination in some ways.

One of the downfalls of ONS that I've seen so far, at least in low player count games, is that communication is a major key, and defense is also something that people don't totally grasp. I know that 9/10 of the time, when my team is down to the last node and we're getting hammered, to hunker down in the base to prevent the enemy from taking the core. However, thats only one part of ONS def, I realize. You also need someone to break the chain by attacking the node closest to the base (at least long enough to prevent spawning from occuring there).

Sorry to 'jack the thread in that direction, but that was part of the conversation we were having about the demo today

Comment

Working...
                X