ONS idea for redeemer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS idea for redeemer

i have posted this in a couple other topics, but they were a little offtopic, and so ive gotten no feedback... so i figured i might as well make a thread for it... (dont flame me if you dont deem it worthy of its own thread, as it helps nothing)

now... it seem smany poeple (includign me) fidn the redeemer to be a very nice part of ONS... but some seem to think its too cheap... so heres an idea i had... coudl be incorporated as part of the game, a game option, or a Mut...

make it so every time someone grabs the redeemer, ti gived a game message saying it has been picked up, and/or puts a little icon over the players head for all players to see (only when the player is visible, so it still is possible to sneak around with it). i think it woudl give the redeemer much more depth, as it would be fun hunting the carier down if hes an enemy, or tryign to protect him if hes a team mate. if its not in the retail, im def gonan try to make the mut myself

good idea? bad idea?

Eh, I'd say put a "trap" on the deemer pickup.
    Someone grabs it, they have X amount of time to get off the tower or get blown up

Comment

Nah the redeemer is handy, and can bring some serious & funny changes during an ONS match, keep it in... :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by 7eVeN=SwE=
        Nah the redeemer is handy, and can bring some serious & funny changes during an ONS match, keep it in... :weird:
        nobody said anytign abotu removign the redeemer, here...

my point is, maybe this woudl be a slolution for those who would liek the redeemer to be removed, to be able to play with it... or atleast another option for them.

seems to me liek ti would add a whoel nother dimension to ONS (albeit a small one). cuz while i love usign the redeemer to bust a node quickly, or finnish of the nemies core, i do find it annoyign when i am trying to defend a node, and one hits me without any warning... as there is already plenty of stuff to be worryign about, without needign to be constantly watchign for an incommign redeemer

Comment

eh, i say STFU and leave it the way it is-- no matter what you do someones gunna ***** about it.:sour:

Comment

whats the big problem with redeemer anyway, its just a weapon and can its easy to avoid it. the missile is huge and on blind man cannot see it, all u have to do is shoot it... and remember the person who is riding it (if alternate fire) is vulnerable to attack just kill him

Comment

Meh. People that think the redeemer in ONS is cheap just need to look for it; it's easy to take down.
              I do think it'd be a good idea to broadcast a message whenever someone picks it up tho'. It can pretty much mean a 180 degrees turn in who's winning.

Comment

well i never guide the redeemer to an enemy node or core, becasue its so easy to shoot if somoen is payign enough attention,a nd i dont liek the vulnerbalilyt. so i simply grab the deemer and carry it to the node or core, and shoto ti where it only has to be in flight for a second or less, and i have plenty fo tiem to hide.

havent failed once at hitting my target.

Comment

Its fine as it is, adds more strategy.

Comment

To stop the redeemer = shoot it!

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
                      To stop the redeemer = shoot it!

yes.. tahts great when you see it coming...

but i personally dont see it comign unless someone is stuppid enoguht to shoot a guided shot off the top of th tower in Torlan... or im lucky enough to look up at the right moment.

im suggesting this as a compromise for those who like the redeemer in ONS (like myself, though i admit it can be a pain on cocasion), adn those who disliek ti completely.

do you not see how it might accomplish this, wether or nto you liek the idea or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaag
                        yes.. tahts great when you see it coming...
                        you do realise that when the deemer is fired you can hear the shot from anywhere on the map?

a quick scan of the skies when you hear the noise helps alot to avoid it and shoot it down

Comment

IMO the best way to use the deemer if you insist on a long range node attack is to fly it really high then drop it as vertical as you can on top of the node. People will barely be able to see it so high up in the sky and any enemies at the node are both less likely to notice the direction it's coming from and less likely to get it shot down in time since aiming directly up is somewhat less pinpoint than from the side or head on.

It might be nice to have an announcement when the deemer is fired like in C&C Red Alert when you got the "Nuclear warhead launched" message (or similar). Then you know someone fired it but they may or may not be on your team so it leaves you just a bit more aware for the next minute or so.

Comment

The biggest problem with the deemer in torlan is that you can't get to the tower with anything other than a raptor. All it takes is one guy with an avril and a raptor and he can camp up there all day, you can't really get near him and he has open access to 100 shield and a redeemer. Nice tactic an all, but I think it should be a little easier to get up there...

Comment

Hmm... announcement...

I don't think the pick up should be announced, but the actual releasing of the redeemer [just like the launching of the nuke in starcraft is announced]. I think that'd be really cool ingame.

Comment

Working...
                              X