Scorpion Bolas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorpion Bolas

I've had this on my mind for quite a while. Do the Scorpion Bolas seem kinda underpowered to anyone? I mean, they can tear through a vehicle pretty quick (provided you do it right), but they have hardly any effect on players... I mean, It just seems right that something powerful enough to destroy a manta should demolish human flesh, right? It just seems to make them jump a little... I dunno, maybe I'm not doing it right?

And also, I think I have found the absolute most GRATIFYING thing to do in the game. HELLBENDER CAMPING!!! I just sit at the back turret from a distance (mountains make good cover), then BAM! Get a dead hit with a full charged turret and watch the blood splatter everywhere! Makes me soooooooooooo happy. lol

I need my demo kick this morning.... i'll be back....

I have killed people successfully with just a short bola.

Comment

The scorpion rocks. Bola'ing mantas is great. Bola'ing multiple enemies with one long bola = PWNZAGE! :up:

Comment

hehe so someone else figured out how to abuse hell benders. i been doing it all day.

i would say yeah maybe the scorp gun is a little weak on players but that's what the chopper blades are for (although it seems a little tougher to hit someone with the scorp than a manta).

here's some pics of my hell bender abuse:

[screenshot]http://members.***.net/jnkeml/Shot00003.JPG[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://members.***.net/jnkeml/Shot00004.JPG[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://members.***.net/jnkeml/Shot00005.JPG[/screenshot]

Comment

i think the scorpion is ok so. the bolas are strong enough for the vehicles, and for the infantery you have your 2 blades

Comment

A short bola seems to do about 33 damage to a player (or at least, that's how much I took when hit by one).

I don't think I've ever died to a bola when on full health, but I've gone from 100 to 20 or so on some occasions.

Mostly I use em for taking down mantas speeding along that central passage (nowhere for them to dodge).

Comment

Well, the scorpion has an other means of getting rid of infantry... and that method looks cooler too

Comment

If you keep stabbing the primary fire button quickly, you can evelope players with tons of these things... players, vehicles, nodes, all die quickly to the quirky green globules.

Comment

IMO, the Scorp is pretty useless against infantry. The bolas are easy to dodge, and the blades...
                  Well, let's just say the only possible way you can ever get someone with those is if they aren't paying ANY attention to you. Otherwise they'll just doublejump over it! It's worse in mountainous areas. People just jump to a higher level and the Scorp is useless.
                  That said, the Scorpion DOES seem very effective against Manta, Hellbenders and Goliaths. (with a record of destroying an unmanned Goliath with a SINGLE SHOT)

Comment

Does the bola slow the target down in anyway? That would be pretty cool if it ensnared the mantas and raptors and brought them to the ground.

Granted the things are weak against infantry, but I think Mantas are pretty weak too... Usually one AVRiL will bring them down, I love watching people assault my power core with a manta when the AVRiL is withing walking distance at that base. Same thing with the 'nade launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceboy2003
                      Does the bola slow the target down in anyway? That would be pretty cool if it ensnared the mantas and raptors and brought them to the ground.
                      No, but trust me... when you ensnare a Manta with 3 or 4 bolas, it won't take more than a second for the driver to hop out and watch his precious Manta go up in flames.

Comment

the scorpion has easily the most original weapon in a long time.

and imo the scorpion isnt a copy of halo, its from c+c, nod side, and you know it.

scorpion is my favourite vehicle.

Comment

scorp is easily my fave as well. Too bad it's the one I get the least kills with before I die!

The thing with the bolas is that you need to get really close for a good chance to score a hit, but then you are also exposing yourself greatly.

I really wish the bolas would have gravity and bounce along the terrain. The high-placed turret makes it very hard to hit things that arent the same height (If you misjudge the distance, the bolas will overshoot or hit the ground).

And yes, the blades are quickly becoming more useless as players start getting more experienced. Just simply strafing out of the way is enough to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
                            scorp is easily my fave as well. Too bad it's the one I get the least kills with before I die!

The thing with the bolas is that you need to get really close for a good chance to score a hit, but then you are also exposing yourself greatly.

I really wish the bolas would have gravity and bounce along the terrain. The high-placed turret makes it very hard to hit things that arent the same height (If you misjudge the distance, the bolas will overshoot or hit the ground).

And yes, the blades are quickly becoming more useless as players start getting more experienced. Just simply strafing out of the way is enough to avoid them.
                            Sure,but i´ve more then once ran someone over because i knew where they were going to strafe.
                            Granted,it can be tricky if the one you try to run over knows how to move.

Comment

Ok, a slight noobish question but...erm...the command to switch postions on a vehicle is? (so i can abuse the hellbender o/c)

Comment

Working...
                              X