A suggestion for the TTM crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A suggestion for the TTM crew

With all the hullabaloo about instant weaponswitching and boostjumping not being in UT2k4, I had an idea that might help the pro community out.

What if TTM enabled those two features in their mod, therefore taking the onus off of Epic to enable those features?

This would also make TTM an even more valuable asset for the UT2k3 crowd that is disgrunted about those features not being available in UT2k4.

AFAIK there will be a mutator (by Epic) that brings the old weapon switching and boost-dodging back.

Comment

God no. Sorry, but keep the changes and changable things to a minimum. Keeping most servers pure and clean is better in the end.

Besides, fast weaponswitching will turn many people off. The way it is now is so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by DinaDani
        God no. Sorry, but keep the changes and changable things to a minimum. Keeping most servers pure and clean is better in the end.

Besides, fast weaponswitching will turn many people off. The way it is now is so much better.
        These new people don't have to play in these servers, I think that only the minority of servers will use this mutator anyway. And if the game does as well as the demo is doing now (relatively of course, UT2004 has potential to have more than 6,000 players) then there will be many servers to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by DinaDani
          I couldn't agree more.

Comment

TTM should keep the changes to a minimum, so please not include stuff that alter the weapon configuration.

If you first alter the switching speed, you must alter the ROF, and the damage, and.....

UT2k3 sucked, let it lie in its grave, and do NOT try to change back.

Comment

Didnt we have enough TTM bashing already. All the trolls will go mad now and will not adress this point anyway.

I think is a good suggestion. Quick weapon switch adds quite a bit depth to the gameplay

Comment

No it doesnt. It ads scripts and abuse.
                I abused it myself as everyone else, but I still dont like it.

Keep changes in TTM to a minimum. TTM saved UT2003, dont use it to destroy UT2004.

Comment

TTM isn't needed, UT2004 is fine as it is. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                    Didnt we have enough TTM bashing already. All the trolls will go mad now and will not adress this point anyway.

I think is a good suggestion. Quick weapon switch adds quite a bit depth to the gameplay
                    I agree with the others in this thread, but I agree with you TTM doesn't need to be bashed. It's trying to respond to a pro community on matters that generally speaking, most players don't want to be stock in the game. Same goes for Excessive and a host of other mutators that appeal to some people.

The game itself is designed to be modded and mutated. All I ask is that the mods and mutations be fair. Skin hacks aren't fair because not everyone can use them. TTM is fair because everyone can use it and customize it as they see fit.

That's the main reason I advocate having the instant weaponswitch and the boostjump feature be handled by the TTM crew. Just my opinion. I do realize that Epic is possibly/probably going to have mutators that enable one or both features.

Comment

I dont think PakMan will add options like that to TTM. He knows perfectly well what a mess it can turn out to be.

A pity Epic haven't learnt that leasson. Adding options to bring back boost jumping and fast weaponswitch will only divide the community. And soon we will have not only pubs with all kinds of strange settings, but also leagues, tournaments and LANs that play with very different settings.

Keep the configurable options to a minumum please.

/Kronon

Comment

If pro players want fast weapon switching and boost jumping, let TTM put in there!

The pros are gonna use TTM regardless on there servers - just add it in and let the casual player in joy they game the way UT2004 is currently!

Comment

naaah i they only need to fix the clock

Comment

why say pro. if the option is there in ttm, i will use it as well since i like/am used to play the ut2003 'laws' like the fast weapon switch an all the jumps.

but like the new playing style as well. weapon swith is still very high compared to other fps. I hear these things ut2004 plays altot like ut99, i guess here is my problem cus i never played that game

if the option in ttm is there, i will use it. (not just the pro's)

Comment

It really doesn't matter what the majority of casual (read: Crappy) players think. The better players will figure out what promotes the most competitive way to play, and if Epic won't tow the line they will find a way to do it themselves. Boost dodging shouldn't have been removed, bug or not. It added more ways to move around the map, and offered something that took a tiny amount of skill. Yes, it did increase the gap between the good and the bad.

In my opinion, and many other competitive gamers that is a sign of a good feature. Things that help divide the good from the bad also help enhance competition. People will be able to know where they need to improve on, and thus will be able to improve. Without things that promote highly skilled play, why bother requiring skill at all? Quake 3's strafe jumping was a bug in the physics portion of the game, but was kept since it promotes skill in movement. A newbie can't move as good as someone who has practiced. By removing Boost dodging, you offer less things that could require skill.

TTM will include whatever is best for the game. Most competitive players wanted to have the game "good" from the beginning so that mutators wouldn't be required to have a good match between players. It looks like Epic won't be doing that, so I know someone will.

Comment

Working...
                              X