Server crashers protect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server crashers protect?

Hi all is there any anticheat or mutator that blocks hackers from crashing server? I like to mess up with a dedicated server but I've heard there can ppl crash servers. I know, I have nothing to do with, I don't have enemies, but for sure, is there anything that can block these hacks? I found out that these crashes are made by 'NULL packets'. Is there any mutator that can prevent players from preventing to send those NULL packets? I have heard alot of stories of ppl they server has been crashed by annoying ppl.

Edit: I'm talking about UT2004 servers

Thanks

Yes,

1) don't run a demo server.
    2) patch to latest patch (3369)
    3) ask Epic to release patch 3373

Comment

Use Clanmanager or AntiTTC.

Comment

The ClanManager doesn't prevent any exploits, AntiTCC only does, if it is able to install its custom PlayerController.

Comment

I have the latest patch, 3369, but I can't use AntiTCC becuz I am running a construction mod on my server and AntiTCC bugs it.

Comment

Ok.. nevermind.. I have AntiTCC now, I found the option to fix the bug wich messes up the Construction mod.

But anyway, there are still ppl having programs that can crash UT2004 patch 3369 servers. I really hope it will be fixed soon, in a newer patch, because this is really stupid. The meaning of those ppl doing it is wanting to show their hacking power by crashing servers without a reason.

Comment

Maybe you are mentioning the voice exploit which causes the server to reset randomly, there has been a patch out and it is available here (windows / linux ) if you need it.

That sounds like what you are running into. I really hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Muffin View Post
                Maybe you are mentioning the voice exploit which causes the server to reset randomly, there has been a patch out and it is available here (windows / linux ) if you need it.

That sounds like what you are running into. I really hope that helps.
                He's having 64 bits windows, no patch came out for that yet. Im sure it's coming too.

I'm not a hacker, I just know him.

Comment

Now is he using the special 64-bit Exe for the game? Because if you're on a 64-bit machine and you're using the standard ut2004.exe and ucc.exe then you're not using 64-bit mode.

If he is I believe I still have the Win-64 Patch, I just cannot remember where it is which is why it's not on the site.

Comment

Working...
                  X