It humbles me to say...I WAS WRONG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
    I never really saw doublejumping as too unrealistic. I imagine it as just a bigger jump (kinda like holding the jump key instead of tapping it on older games). On some models, a regular jump is.. well a jump, but the secondary jump throws them into a summersault without looking like they are magically shot into the air. Works great imo.
    Yeah that's a good way to look at it. I had a hard time with the sheer distance that could be obtained with dodge jumps but that last vestige of hesitance on my part is gone now.

Comment

I really dont even know how to do these dodge jumps and wall dodges and so on. I know if you double tap a direction, it dodges but I dont know the fancy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=-
        and, youd be raped in AS without some trick jumping against good people.
        Just face me at the start of the game and if none of my teamates are in my way - you better watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by Derisor
          I really dont even know how to do these dodge jumps and wall dodges and so on. I know if you double tap a direction, it dodges but I dont know the fancy stuff.
          At the apex of the dodge, hit jump.
          TADA!!!

BTW, A dodge jump is not really a trick jump IMO. Boost jumps and sheild boost jumps were. But epic had to ruin all the fun by removing those. Yay. :bulb::cry:

Comment

Originally posted by SealClubber
            Just face me at the start of the game and if none of my teamates are in my way - you better watch out!
            i would double jump to the top of the boarding platform truck and blast your *** into the ground with my rockets :up:

Comment

What would dodging rockets and vehicles be without the dodge jump?????

Tough I'd say.

Comment

I've been loving the jump feature since ut2003. I also never cared if the UT1 crowd never played it. It was always their loss not mine.

It is however annoying that when people beg for the dodge jumping restored to ut2003 status the old UT1 crowd raise their voices in protest, people have a genuine beef with this, not like OMG teh new UT2003 Suxorz criticism we all had to put up with......the incessant *****ing and whining......this one is a valid complaint IMO......maps will have to be played totally differently.....maps that people have gotten used to...although Im no hypocrite.....I adapted to the movement in UT2003 and I will adapt to this new movement too, its not that big of a deal to me personally......I just understand peoples annoyance about this issue. As far as Im concerned Epic can change the gameplay to something not even resembling the previous incarnation every year. As long as its a step in the right direction "forward" people will play it.....and Im glad we didnt go back trying to make it like UT1 like some would have wanted.......we have a game called UT1 for that purpose...........some people though will inevitably get left behind to play its 5 year old namesake, stuck in a fantasy world of deep rooted nostalgia refusing to accept change, convincing themselves nothing can beat the game they are playing right now, till eventually they wake up and realise theyve been left behind by the rest of us.

Im glad ut2004 is universally liked though.......it can only be good for the community. Lets hope it stays this way and we get some kickass community maps and mods. Im sure it will

Comment

Working...
                X