What does the text to speech need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does the text to speech need?

is it totally self contained in the game or does it need a separate T2V thingy like the MS TextToSpeech?

It uses the built in windows text to speech....aka Microsoft Sam.

Comment

It needs a seperate T2V program. If you're running Windows XP it's already installed, otherwise you'll have to install one.

Comment

it needs different voices!

Comment

Needs a sexy womans voice!

Comment

What was the site that used some advanced text to speech engine with really good articulation?

I remember people on this forum would make up a funny text and have others listen to it.

Anyone remember that site? That T2V engine was amazing! Almost real life like.

It also had british accent and everything! (Too bad there is no 50 cent's accent, i would laugh my *** off if i hear a computer, or anyone else for that matter talk like that ).

Comment

if its just the MS T2V I may pass on it,
              EPIC should make their own with simulation of ingame voices.

or else some T2V editor to manipulate
              its sounds.

yeh, like if theirs a compatible T2V proggie to use instead of MS's

Comment

I grabbed the MS T2S but its still not working ingame, I tried the example voices and their lame.

EPIC shouldnt try to piggyback on MS like this, make your own text to speech to work ingame.

Comment

Working...
                X