Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tone of the boards at UT2003 demo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tone of the boards at UT2003 demo?

    Was the tone of these boards at the start of the UT2003 demo release this positive?

    I'm interested in knowing so I gauge the success of the full version of UT2k4- it's a great game, and I want it to do well.

    #2
    Re: Tone of the boards at UT2003 demo?

    Originally posted by Narcolepsy
    Was the tone of these boards at the start of the UT2003 demo release this positive?

    I'm interested in knowing so I gauge the success of the full version of UT2k4- it's a great game, and I want it to do well.
    70% negative.

    Comment


      #3
      So in other words, 2k4 kicks serious butt compared to 2k3.

      LONG LIVE ONSLAUGHT!!!!:up:

      Comment


        #4
        i dont remember, i was just complaining, because it was not working :P

        Comment


          #5
          I remember about 2 hours after the demo came out the 'this game sucks' threads started popping up

          Comment


            #6
            Has to be said there seems to be 90% less trolls this year. thanks god.
            Seeing so many positive threads on this board is nice.

            Comment


              #7
              That's good to know.

              Comment


                #8
                UT2003 got cussed bigtime when the demo came out, I thought it werent THAT bad, but i got bored of it in a month.


                And seeing CliffyBs mugshot was the last straw :up:

                Comment


                  #9
                  And considering that 30 minutes after this demo was released, 'OMG THIS IS FUx0R1ng L33T!!' threads started popping up, then... yeah. This game will pwn.:up:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    i think the UT2003 demo was really good in most peoples minds, but the actual game was somewhat of a let down. it seemed to me like Antalus, Asbestos, and Citadel were the best maps in the whole game, so putting these maps in the demo gave it an inflated value.

                    even though the UT2003 demo looked pretty good to most people, id say the most common thing said about it was its similarities with quake, and how people missed the original UT.

                    however, for the UT2004 demo, epic has added back in a lot of the UT feeling, and the response is pretty positive i think. epic could be showing us only the best of the game, like they did with UT2003, but the assault and onslaught modes have everyone so psyched that i think the full game will do much better than 2003.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by FOZZI
                      Has to be said there seems to be 90% less trolls this year. thanks god.
                      Seeing so many positive threads on this board is nice.
                      Yeah, Epic did something right this time

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I've never been much of a "gamer". I usually play LAN games and have been more of a strategist.

                        This game has completely "sucked" me in!

                        I think it's a sign that a great game has been made.

                        Games to come, will either pale in comparison.....or copy its brilliance. :up:




                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Fecal Marmaset
                          I've never been much of a "gamer". I usually play LAN games and have been more of a strategist.

                          This game has completely "sucked" me in!

                          I think it's a sign that a great game has been made.

                          Games to come, will either pale in comparison.....or copy its brilliance. :up:




                          Would be funnt as ID Software's Next Game


                          [glow=darkred][glow=red]DOOM TOURNAMENT 2006[/glow][/glow]

                          :haha:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            When UT2003 came out there were all kinds of "This Game Sucks" threads because the UT community thought it was going to be good.

                            With UT2004, the UT community already expected it to suck and most of us haven't even wasted time posting our opinions here because we just get called trolls.

                            I don't even know why I keep coming here I'm not buying UT2004 or any other new UT game lol. I'm addicted I think

                            Comment


                              #15
                              It had a mixed reaction, and didnt come close to the positive reaction to this one. A lot of us defended it (mostly for sentimental reasons..."give it a chance guys!") and really liked it, but it got boring and old REALLY fast.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X