anyone use voice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use voice?

I have been on a bunch of servers with all game types and found one person using voice. It seems like there would be more with the built in support and all.

Heh, confused me last night. I was on Ventrilo with some clan mates, and someone kept speaking to me. I couldn't work out who it was because the voice wasn't familiar, but eventually I realised he was using the in-game comms. =)

Comment

Re: anyone use voice?

Originally posted by danbomb
      I have been on a bunch of servers with all game types and found one person using voice. It seems like there would be more with the built in support and all.
      It's probably because so many dont yet know that they cant use the voice themselves when running a listen server... that they have to run a dedicated server if they want to be able to talk with the other people on their server.. and perhaps they then figure it doesnt work or dont bother to find out what's wrong.

On the other hand, it may be that so many have no clue how much nicer it is to be able to talk.

I've seen so many in the forum over the last year say things like it would suck and just be a bunch of lamers talking. It's too easy to put them on ignore, kick or ban them if they are being stupid, to let that be an excuse to not use the voice.

Another point though... i want more to talk to the other people when i already know them.

For me, it's the built in 3D voice that i decided to try the demo. Now to get quad headphones for the full effect!

Comment

Working...
      X