Do people already know power up times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people already know power up times?

I'm finding this a little disturbing now. I had a 1v1 with some guy called thorns (had little degree before and after name). He knew the map like the back of his hand and literally OWNED me! He knew the quickest route to every PU and EXACTLY when they spawned. So I'm thinking, are there Power Up timers out already?

Also I'd like to know the Respawn times for all PU's . I think I REALLY need to practice on that aspect.

What's a power up timer?

Comment

Its a web based application which times all of the power ups.

Comment

Probably just timed them and uses a clock

Comment

It's the same as in UT2k3

27.5, 55, 80.

Comment

Amp = 82
            Health, 50a, weps = 27
            100a, keg = 55

Comment

It's just practice, every good 1v1 player will time like that, I'm guessing you don't 1v1 that often.

Comment

indeed.

now that UT2k4 has a standard implemented clock (just like TTM for 2k3) lots of ex-UT2k3 players can time the pickups on the second. so can you...

pick up 100a at 16:40, next one will be there at 17:45.. just add up 55 seconds each time, and dont forget to look exactly when u pick the other one

Comment

I know this may be strange, but what I would really like to see is a list of all weapons showing how much damage they do with each hit. Something like a single bullet from minigun's primary fire does xx amounts of health damage and so on. Anyone know of a way to get that info?

TIA,
                  offset

Comment

Originally posted by offset
                    I know this may be strange, but what I would really like to see is a list of all weapons showing how much damage they do with each hit. Something like a single bullet from minigun's primary fire does xx amounts of health damage and so on. Anyone know of a way to get that info?

TIA,
                    offset
                    It was posted for UT2K3 a while back in response to one of my threads. From what little I understand, it should be buried in the code of the game.

Perhaps someone with a little more experience 'under the hood' will pull them out for you...

Comment

Ok so I fired up ut2k4 and tried this out myself. I think you guys will find that the respawn times actually vary slightly.
                      I've got used to timing 100A and 50A now, but I just realised that what if the powerups are picked up later than they should be. That will screw up the whole timing process lol!

Hmm so how do you guys manage?

Comment

You can only time them if you pick them up yourself (or see someone else do it). That's what map control is all about, you get it everytime. I don't time them, I don't care. Count me as a casual player I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by CH405
                          Ok so I fired up ut2k4 and tried this out myself. I think you guys will find that the respawn times actually vary slightly.
                          I've got used to timing 100A and 50A now, but I just realised that what if the powerups are picked up later than they should be. That will screw up the whole timing process lol!

Hmm so how do you guys manage?
                          they dont vary it will always take 55 seconds for 100a to spawn.

you are not supposed to memorize that if its picked upsimultaniously as its spawns, it should be here at 12:45 for example..

you grab it, look at the time you grabbed it, and so you know when the next one will be there. if there are two players with about the same amount of skill, you can now see why one of those can still beat the other with 40 to 0... which happens plenty of times.

its purely because the other guy totally lost the timing, because the other dude always grabs the shield and memorizes that time, while the opponents need to guess

Comment

That's part of the tactics, trying to "throw off" your opponents timing, if you know they are timing it, guard the PU for a while before picking it up (if you have time that is, most of the time you will simply want the PU as fast as possible).

Comment

Working...
                            X