Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Kel
    Hmm...
    I have:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    256 DDR Ram
    GeForce2 MX400

Granted, I don't get the best FPS, but its tolerable(it also helps I'm used to 40 or less fps)
    May I ask what settings you run at? I have a lil' over what you have (mainly a 512 ddr ram and GF3ti200) but most likely am getting worse which means i really need to optimize my shiz.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by x1-Cygnus
    I dont have any problems, Im pegged at 85fps cause I cant disable vsync in UT2k4...
    Your are pegged at 85 online to stop you sending more than 85 packets a sec to the server as for some reason this game uses your fps to determine packets sent rather than using a fixed number. If you set you netspeed low you will see the fps drop even lower. Try the game in instant action and you will see higher fps.

I assume all the people moaning about fps arn't just 56Kers who have yet to try the gasme offline...........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    convoy is a Great map, it kills fps because of the moving cliffs in the background and the dust from the convoys tracks. the real one will probly kill fps more considering the texture and sound quality will be upgraded in retail and the lighting will be more dynamic. But also the netcode will be better thats a pluce you never know mabye cliffyB will delet some unseen faces and make it run 30% better :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Originally posted by Derisor
    Thanks for the post that contained 0% content. We appreciate your ... uhh ... non input.

:weird:
    It's not the code, Derisor. You machine is more than muscular enough. Look to your drivers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm...
    I have:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    256 DDR Ram
    GeForce2 MX400

Granted, I don't get the best FPS, but its tolerable(it also helps I'm used to 40 or less fps)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I HAVE VIDEO f00l 9800pro cat4.2 the d3d9 just doesnt work
    and the demo is unplayble with this lowframe ****

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont have any problems, Im pegged at 85fps cause I cant disable vsync in UT2k4...

I have about the same system as yours, except i have my 9800NP @ 479/800 which is faster than your XT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Shame. Like I say I was guessing

Edit: but it sure does seem that this problem is something people with new gfx cards are having. Us lowly ti4200 users are having a great time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xQx
    Got a p4 2.66 with a ti4200 and a gig of ram and I've not seen any map drop under 80 fps running in 1024 res.

Maybe I'm imagining it but all the people complaining about this seem to have next gen gfx cards. Wild guess here but maybe swapping rendering device to D3D9 would help?

;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
    RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

probably wouldn't hurt to try anyway.
    the directx9 renderer wasnt included in the demo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have no video? :haha:

anyway like I said it was a wild guess. Not tried it here as I have no need to. Am getting higher fps in 2k4 than in 2k3 I would say. Frequently saw 2k3 hit 40 fps on a full server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe you don't understand the design complexity of convoy, Epic have done a great jop to get the frames where they are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my fps r also teh worst its so annyoing omg i just did formated my ´hd other drivers etc and still the same **** omg
    now i tried the d3d9r but i cant even start the game then

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-02-10_03.01]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2624 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: No Video

Can't find file for package 'D3D9Drv'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got a p4 2.66 with a ti4200 and a gig of ram and I've not seen any map drop under 80 fps running in 1024 res.

Maybe I'm imagining it but all the people complaining about this seem to have next gen gfx cards. Wild guess here but maybe swapping rendering device to D3D9 would help?

;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
    RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

probably wouldn't hurt to try anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hang on hang on hang on..woah woah.

Are you people saying that you actually get higher average FPSs
    w/ UT04 over UT03? With the same rig and all and say standard 1024x768 and normal settings etc??????

That can't be right. Can it?:bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya the other maps (onslaught and bombing run) perform fine. THough I gotta say I dontl ike the bombing run map.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X