UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    .......oh, a question: how do I re-install DirectX?

thanks for the help with clearing that up guys.

....much appreciated.

........yes...... I guess the next time my HD will be formated will actually be in the shop...... this spring.....

......I guess I could put the stuff on a CD and tell em' to install the new chip drivers first thing........

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dethmanrulz, a common misconception is that the UT2K3 and UT2K4 engines primarily use only your graphics card. This is true in flyby benchmarking, but not true in-game. In the game, your system cpu and ram are used to push the physics modeling. The modeling I'm referring to is not just the Karma modeling, but also player movements and weapons fire, etc. The data is being read from your hard drive regardless of whether it is going to your video card or system cpu/ram.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If thats your chipset then yes thats right.

But remember you realy need to put them in before you put your sound and graphixs drivers in.(stright after a freash install)

Anyway reinstall your graphixs drivers again and dx.see if that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Taf
    I assume your chipset is IntelĀ® 865 Chipset Family so they will be the drivers you need.

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/driver.htm

Btw check your mobo manual just to make sure ok.
    or
    Download this and it should tell you what chipset drivers you need to get.
    http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/chipsetid.htm

I downloaded the first one in this list: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...n&submit=Go%21

installed it..... all I had to do was double click on the file I dl'ed right?

.......anyways, the program then told me to restart....

and no fps gain

........I did do it right............ right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dethmanrulz
    yes, I am going to get a 3.0 or 3.2 ghz P4 in the spring.... so no more CPU bottleneck......

..........anyways, could someone do me a big favor and give me a link for intel P4 chipset drivers?
    .......oh yeah, my mobo is a ASUS P4P8X.....

thanks,..
    I assume your chipset is IntelĀ® 865 Chipset Family so they will be the drivers you need.

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/driver.htm

Btw check your mobo manual just to make sure ok.
    or
    Download this and it should tell you what chipset drivers you need to get.
    http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/chipsetid.htm

Better still goto your mobo website,the drivers will be on there,prob tweaked for your mobo as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes, I am going to get a 3.0 or 3.2 ghz P4 in the spring.... so no more CPU bottleneck......

..........anyways, could someone do me a big favor and give me a link for intel P4 chipset drivers?
    .......oh yeah, my mobo is a ASUS P4P8X.....

thanks,..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tast!es
    Thats strange, I hear everone saying they have such low fps on convoy. I never drop below 70 in that map. If you didnt already, try disabling all shadows so its set to none. Uncheck all your detail boxes too. Probably already have but I just dont understand why your hiting 30 fps with that machine.
    if i wanted 70 fps i could easily get it.

to me, never going below 25-30 is all i need. steady 40 vs steady 100 is a pointless distinction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [D]Despair
    Chipset drivers depend on your motherboard. For example nForce or VIA chipset. It isn't about the CPU. Check your motherboard manual or get a program like Sisoft Sandra (free, just search) to check what chipset your motherboard uses. Keeping them up to date is really important.
    Yes you got it! Some via chipsets you need the 4 in 1 hyperion drivers! And the same goes with intel chipsets..........

Chipset drivers make a difference trust me!

For the other guy:

Chipset drivers have nothing to do with bios or bios updates!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1024 highest details, i bottom out in the 40s on the convoy map. im playing with 60+ in most cases.

that's fine to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find joining 16 player games or lower online (with good ping) is much better than joining servers with more players like 24 or 32 etc. More players = less performance for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thats strange, I hear everone saying they have such low fps on convoy. I never drop below 70 in that map. If you didnt already, try disabling all shadows so its set to none. Uncheck all your detail boxes too. Probably already have but I just dont understand why your hiting 30 fps with that machine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dethmanrulz said:
    .........I wondered about this for a long time..... cuz I get rather
    crappy fps with my P4 2.0 ghz, 768 PC2100 RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro........
    .........so, I was wondering......... I haven't updated BIOS (is it the same as chipset?) ////I have everything else updated tho
    ------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHA - I dont mean to laugh at you - but that video card is WAY too good for your cpu and bus speed. A 9800 pro will be waiting for data all the time with a lowly p4-2.0 with, i assume, 100/400 bus. Your cpu and bus arent feeding that 9800 pro fast enough. You should consider a CPU and motherboard upgrade if you want to utilize the 9800 pro to its full potential.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's cause of your video card dude.. it's like 4 years old now. lol... get a new one, those old cards just cant handle the pressure as well as they used too. I have a lower system with an ati 9600 pro 128. Runs FPS at a pretty fair rate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chipset drivers depend on your motherboard. For example nForce or VIA chipset. It isn't about the CPU. Check your motherboard manual or get a program like Sisoft Sandra (free, just search) to check what chipset your motherboard uses. Keeping them up to date is really important.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have now tried all the demo maps .. only convoy kills fps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X