UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

They must have some seriously unoptimized maps in the demo. That or the engine has gone down hill. The reason I say this is because the demo is giving me really bad FPS (28 to 35). This makes it almost impossible to hit people that are dodging in convoy because they warp from one sode of the dodge to the other or merely warp while running.

Now I know some people are goign to flame that I should turn down the settings and I tell them now that I have all details on low and screen size on 800x600.

Then they will say, "You need to upgrade n00b." To which I will reply that I have a brand new self built computer with the following specs:

AMD Athlon64 3200
    Asus K8V Mainboard
    1.5 Gig. DRAM (400)
    Club3d Radeon 9800XT 256
    Maxtor 7200RPM 160 Gig drive.

Well those are only the relevant specs. Its not my system boys. Either the enginge needs to be optimized o the maps do. A system with the horsepower that I have should be able to handle 80 to 100 FPS in this game.

Re: UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Originally posted by Derisor
    They must have some seriously unoptimized maps in the demo. That or the engine has gone down hill.
    Me and some 85% - 90% thinks the other wise.

Comment

Agreed, Convoy is very hard map of fps, it needs optimizing. I still had fun playing it though.

Z.

Comment

Re: Re: UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Originally posted by Arclite
        Me and some 85% - 90% thinks the other wise.
        Thanks for the post that contained 0% content. We appreciate your ... uhh ... non input.

:weird:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: UT2004: The FPS in the demo is BAD.

Thanks for the post that contained 0% content. We appreciate your ... uhh ... non input.

:weird:
          Anytime. It's not like you were going anywhere by posting here either.

Try this: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...s=&forumid=262

Comment

@Derisor

What do you consider as bad FPS?

Comment

30ish.

THat is bad.

Comment

Almost the entire community is blessing epic, cause what they'v done with the engine, overhere UT2004 runs 10x faster then UT2k3 did, even on normal detail, now i got round the 70 fps on torlan everything maxed...

Comment

Torlan? Thats the onslaught map? The onslaught map is nice to my FPS. Convoy is nasty.

Comment

30ish.

THat is bad.
                    If that is your lowest FPS then you're a lucky guy, don't complain.
                    28 FPS is my avarage FPS in Convoy.

Comment

Torlan? Thats the onslaught map? The onslaught map is nice to my FPS. Convoy is nasty.
                      I didnt checked my FPS at convoy, but it runs smooth to me...

P4 2,4
                      512 DDR RAM
                      Geforce4 ti4200... :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Buppie
                        If that is your lowest FPS then you're a lucky guy, don't complain.
                        28 FPS is my avarage FPS in Convoy.
                        No, that just means you should be agreeing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by 7eVeN=SwE=
                          I didnt checked my FPS at convoy, but it runs smooth to me...

P4 2,4
                          512 DDR RAM
                          Geforce4 ti4200... :weird:
                          Run it with "stat fps" on and in a 16 player fight and watch the FPS and the warping.

Comment

I agree. Convoy really brings many systems to their knees. I get ~80 fps on most areas in CTF-BridgeOfFate (which is really good for my Athlon XP 1600 + Geforce FX 5200 with 1024x768 and normal detail), Torlan and Rankin give me average performance (~40-50 fps)... and I get ~25-35 fps on Convoy If I turn all the detail down I get a ~2 fps boost, which isn't really worth all the uglyness IMO

Comment

No, that just means you should be agreeing with me.
                              Yes and No........................
                              Convoy is a nice map but I think the 'moving cars' are responsable for the FPS drop.
                              Eye candi or .........
                              I think it's optimized enough.
                              I think this map will disappear from the servers just like other FPS sucking maps.
                              That's what I saw happen with UT2K3.
                              Time will tell.......................

Comment

Working...
                              X