Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets not waste a lot of time getting this to gold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not waste a lot of time getting this to gold...

http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/0...id=186&tid=187

Re: Lets not waste a lot of time getting this to gold...

Did you read the second-to-last paragraph of the material that was cited on SD?

Still, everyone involved agrees on one thing -- slips in release dates ultimately matter less than shipping an awesome game.
    In the end, that's what really matters to the fans and to the developers of the game.

Comment

i dont care if it takes longer to go gold. end of the day epic need to make sure its all good before it ships, unlike ut2003!

Comment

People want to feel like they have been listened to, last time it was such a shock Demo -> Gold in approx 1 week. That dosent seem enough time to change anything significant.

Comment

AFAIC This date has slipped 3-5 months already. For a Madden Like Franchise game.... probably not the best idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
            i dont care if it takes longer to go gold. end of the day epic need to make sure its all good before it ships, unlike ut2003!
            :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Chuklz
              AFAIC This date has slipped 3-5 months already. For a Madden Like Franchise game.... probably not the best idea.
              And who cares ? Epic want to release a finished game this time around and I'm all for it.

Take 3DRealms f.ex., their DNF has been in development since 1997 and no one got hurt by them not releasing it yet. Sure, this is an extreme but there's nothing wrong with releasing a game only when you feel it's as you wanted it to be.

Moreover, Epic is one of the few companies out there who have the freedom of releasing a game when they feel it's finished and they make use of it, which is good for everybody.

And UT won't be released every year, though they call it UT2004, so it's not like Madden/whatever from the EA's sports franchise.

So to the title of the thread I say -- Waste as much time as necessary to deliver an awesome and as polished game as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
                So to the title of the thread I say -- Waste as much time as necessary to deliver an awesome and as polished game as possible.
                Make use of the time FOR the game, dont waste it on buying
                1000s of bagles!

Comment

There have been lots of bugs reported, and suggestions made, in the demo feedback forum. I hope Epic DOES take their time and address all of the issues before going gold. And something tells me they will. There's a less rushed feel to this release. And since they established the feedback forum, they obviously want to add some spit and polish.

Comment

Working...
                  X