Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[!] [GUIDE] [!] The (un)OFFICIAL Better Performance and Gameplay Guide! - By DDRRE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    A high-end performance & graphics guide? I'll think about it. I just have an exam tomorrow... Physics... Can't you w8 guys?
    If it is urgent I'll post it immediately.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've never seen a drop in framerate like that to 50% with Vsync personally.

Anyhow I'd recommend 7k as a netspeed. Although today I was using 10k and the server I was on was sending me data at 10k in ONS so I might just leave it there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol ok now I have crappy graphics and crappy fps :bulb: :down:
    anyone with a p3 933 and a 128mb geforce fx 5200 shouldn't bother changing anything you won't see a difference other then the horrible graphics. :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hydro-shock
    I just realized, by trying to set the netspeed on your monitor and game, essentially what you are trying to do is sync your game and monitor right? Well doesnt enabling the Vsync in your system ini file actually do that automatically?
    Yes it do but if I have got it correctly Vsynch always tries to lock dead on for instance 85hz-85fps. If by some reason the vidcard can´t render 85fps it will render half of that, 42,5. With the netspeed setting "85*64=5440" you will get a more dynamic fps wich will fluctuate around 85 and not drop to half of that. Please correct me if I´m wrong, but in my experience it´s much smoother with the netspeed tweak.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just realized, by trying to set the netspeed on your monitor and game, essentially what you are trying to do is sync your game and monitor right? Well doesnt enabling the Vsync in your system ini file actually do that automatically?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SirYawnalot
    Nice guide, but I have a high-end PC and would like to see a guide on how to get the game *looking* better too. I'm not sure if setting the texture detail settings to above Normal (console>preferences>rendering>Player Detail, World Detail etc) makes any difference in the demo... UT2003's demo didn't include high-detail textures to lower the filesize, and I have a sneaking suspicion the same applies to the UT04 demo, but it'd be nice if someone could clarify plz.
    MAking a look better guide right now. I'll be back soon with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a quick question. I have tweaked my ini file to the point where I am content with it. However, I have never heard of this "changing netspeed on your monitor." Exactly what does that do? I have what I would consider a Mid end PC so I guess the setting I would enter in the console would be 5300, however, will I need to enter this in, every time I start the game up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice guide, but I have a high-end PC and would like to see a guide on how to get the game *looking* better too. I'm not sure if setting the texture detail settings to above Normal (console>preferences>rendering>Player Detail, World Detail etc) makes any difference in the demo... UT2003's demo didn't include high-detail textures to lower the filesize, and I have a sneaking suspicion the same applies to the UT04 demo, but it'd be nice if someone could clarify plz.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DDRRE
    Dude, there's no TB in ut2k4, well, not a selectable one. TB makes gaming smoother, while TF makes the textures look smoother. Performance vs. quality..
    I'm not sure what you mean by selectable. You mean in the menu system right? It can be enabled in the UT2004.ini.

And by graphical quality I meant the frames would be smoother with TB on, especially with Vsync enabled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dat's good info!
    Thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    M3H W4N75 7H15 7HR34D 70 B3 571CKY

Make this thread Sticky! PLEASE

Dr.sin
    Vogel

ANYONE
    PLEASE

And if not, tell me why.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ss

reason why turn down graphics is not to go from 100 to 150 fps...its to prevent having any major losses in Fps when u really really need it such as in hectic battle in an fps demanding location (see antalus)
    my few cents anyway..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koopa
    <guess>Because the second time you ran it everything was already in the Windows disk caches?
    Would be true if I didnt clean out the caches at reboot.

Changing the settings has a noticible boost in performance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, PowerSlave666 I have got no idea. The menu looks great at my PC while using OpenGL. You can now also use D3D and excpect high FPS - I have added a new section in the guide -> refer to the first page.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why does the menu look like total **** when I use OpenGL (and if the menu looks like ****, I assume the game will look like ****)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X