Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[!] [GUIDE] [!] The (un)OFFICIAL Better Performance and Gameplay Guide! - By DDRRE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaFubs
    Anything for better FPS, but I disagree with some of the stuff here.

Turning off everything is sometimes a bad idea. I find that tri-linear both looks better AND runs at a higher FPS, so I keep that on.

Other options may drop FPS by 2-3, but some other visual option will be well worth the effort.
    I believe you're confusing Tri-Linear filtering with Triple Buffering (just a thought, I'm no expert :P)

Comment

Well thanks for the Tips ,ill try them out :up:

Comment

Don't change CacheSizeMegs - this is just a badly named variable and any value > 16-32 MByte is just a waste of memory.

ReduceMouseLag can have a big difference on framerate with the OpenGL renderer - it's worth fiddling with that one.

-- Daniel, Epic Games Inc.

Comment

XP2600/512pc2700/GF4Ti4200/gentoo gaming sources/1024x768x32/every option except physics maxed out...

Only time my fps ever drops below 60-70fps in ONS is if I add 31 bots to the map... that brings it down to as low as 20 in places.

Comment

OK, now I get weirdness with my textures.

Comment

Originally posted by vogel
              Don't change CacheSizeMegs - this is just a badly named variable and any value > 16-32 MByte is just a waste of memory.

ReduceMouseLag can have a big difference on framerate with the OpenGL renderer - it's worth fiddling with that one.

Thats why I bought 768MB DDR!

*Continues wasting 256MB*

Comment

Originally posted by vogel

OMG Daniel Vogel - the allmighty OpenGL programmer of UT - In my post!!

And BTW Daniel why not say a word of appreciation for my work :P

Oh and btw #2 - your enhanced OpenGL renderer is for the old UT is @ www.uttweaks.tk in the OpenGL Rendering thread (http://members.lycos.co.uk/utsc/)

Comment

Jewtron, That wierdness has to do with the low z-buffer depth that acompanies the 16-bit color mode. Am I right?

Comment

i leave all at high details.... i want the eye candy! and my gameplay has been good too... the _small_ difference you might gain won't be worth the tradeoff if you have an even half way decent system. I'd only change it if you were having noticeable performance issues

Comment

It literally won't be used at all. I should probably change the name to WastedMemorySize

Originally posted by A2597
                      Thats why I bought 768MB DDR!

*Continues wasting 256MB*

Comment

Originally posted by Jewtron
                        OK, now I get weirdness with my textures.

http://bleh.clan-geniuz.com/ut2004blah.jpg
                        I had that all the time in UT2003. Never found a fix. It works perfectly fine in T3h D3M0 for me, though

DDRE: You now have both ReduceMouseLag=true and ReduceMouseLag=false on your list

Comment

Hehe, thanks for the efforts though I can't endorse it as I don't want to have to test your changes ;-)

MaxTextureUnits should be kept at its default value of 8 and you want to set UseVBO to false as current drivers don't have that codepath optimized yet (accidentaly forgot to change that for the demo). You should probably set VARSize to 64 or 96 if you have a 256 MByte NVIDIA card.

Use16bitTextures should be false and you should also disable speech recognition if you don't plan on using it.

Originally posted by DDRRE
                          And BTW Daniel why not say a word of appreciation for my work :P

Comment

If you turn off the "Show Decals", wouldnt alot of cool details in the game dissappear?

Comment

that flickery texture problem shows up with 16bit on. use 32bit to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kill_For_Fun
                                If you turn off the "Show Decals", wouldnt alot of cool details in the game dissappear?
                                If I'm not mistaken, decals are the blast marks left by weapons on textures. Decalstay setting changes how long they stick around. Think of it as the equivilent to skid marks in a racing game.

Comment

Working...
                                X