The minigun in UT2004 needs to be nerfed bigtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The minigun in UT2004 needs to be nerfed bigtime

iv got 85 shield and 120 health, and some guy with a AMPed minigun kills me in under two seconds

can you just tone down the minigun intime for retail please

oh, and this demo rocks

Tried to move around?
    From what i´ve seen so far i dont think its overpowered.

Comment

Learn to use your COVER and COMBO. The mini in 2k3 was just slightly better than ****. The weapons are better than they have ever been. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
        iv got 85 shield and 120 health, and some guy with a AMPed minigun kills me in under two seconds

can you just tone down the minigun intime for retail please

oh, and this demo rocks

Oh dear god....

The weapon balance was destroyed in ut2k3 because of newbies ******* their pants over not having an unbalanced minigun, then epic complied and destroyed weapon balance by adding mini lockdown and cranking up the ammo and damage, now the newbies are ******* and moaning again.

The mini in ut2k4 is **** near flawless noob, if you can't handle it then maybe you should go back to quake3 where you belong, that entire game is unbalanced, it should make you happy........

pfft

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy
          Oh dear god....

The weapon balance was destroyed in ut2k3 because of newbies ******* their pants over not having an unbalanced minigun, then epic complied and destroyed weapon balance by adding mini lockdown and cranking up the ammo and damage, now the newbies are ******* and moaning again.

The mini in ut2k4 is **** near flawless noob, if you can't handle it then maybe you should go back to quake3 where you belong, that entire game is unbalanced, it should make you happy........

pfft
          Though I wouldn't say it this blunt, I agree. The mini was screwed up in 2k3 and finally is the s sh** again. Just get use to dodging and moving. Going straight at somebody with a mini is stupid. You also said it was "amped"? That mean double damage? Then duh you got killed quick. The mini is a rapid fire gun and use the more powerful fire mode and double damage is a monster of a weapon.

Comment

IMO the new mini is great. I even think I might start using it now.

I think they should do something about the Shock Rifle instead, otherwise the weapons are near perfect.

Perhaps the flak, it seems a bit weaker than in UT2k3.

Comment

LOL ? You think an amped minigun should take longer than 2 seconds to kill you ?

Most games are only about 20mins long you know

Oh, hi Fishy

Comment

UT99 mini > 2k4 mini > 2k3 mini.

I think the mini still isn't the same as ut99's mini. I remember playing AS-Overlord and going out on the beach with my mini. Using the secondary and just mowing people down.

The 2k3 and 2k4 mini is ONLY good for finishing people off. If I have other weapons I'll use them before the mini.

But, anything amped is going to kick your *** in a matter of seconds. Next time pull your shield gun out and run like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by shawneboy
                  anything amped is going to kick your *** in a matter of seconds. Next time pull your shield gun out and run like hell.
                  True.
                  That was a weak argument for nerfing a weapon in the first place.
                  And as you say its a good weapon for finishing people off and at distances.Its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by shawneboy

The 2k3 and 2k4 mini is ONLY good for finishing people off. If I have other weapons I'll use them before the mini.

In 2k3 yes, in 2k4 no. Learn to use both fire types. I can take the mini and mow people down just about as good as UT99. Though UT99's mini was a tad to powerful. UT2k4's mini is fine.

Comment

I personally think that the minigun is at the best it's been at in the entire stretch of the Unreal series.

Comment

Keep the mini as it is.

Comment

The mini gun IS way too powerful. Someone can just spam 2nd fire, doesnt matter how much dodging you do, you qill get hit. Its stupid really, no weapon can kill you as fast as the mini can, apart from the Deemer of course ;p

Comment

You guys need some practice

Comment

Originally posted by TrueGamer
                              I personally think that the minigun is at the best it's been at in the entire stretch of the Unreal series.
                              Me too.... though its best 'look' was the original Unreal. **** that one was a beaut

Comment

Working...
                              X