Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There needs to be a better “Master Server Down” in-game message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    In light of the latest Master-Server issues, and the fact that I can’t be bothered to make a new thread, I thought I’d bump this one.

The Favorites Feature: It’s a good thing. </martha>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's fixed for me now, at least (ADSL in Sweden). I couldn't connect yesterday either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Woohoo, a reply. Thanks Mark.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're right but more importantly we need to make sure the master server doesn't go down or has redundant backup. I am pretty sure this is being looked into.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems kinda rude, blunt...unfriendly if you will, to me and it sure does test my patience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SB]ShadowDrone
    ehmmm.the news comes from the master server
    No ****. But what I am asking for is to change the static page that shows when it is down. It could be updated by the master-server occasionally to keep links up-to-date, but the point is to have something so that people know what to do when the master-server is down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: There needs to be a better “Master Server Down” in-game message...

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
    I think it would be a good idea to include more information on the UT2004 in-game News-page for when the Master-Server is occasionally down. Just saying “Please try again later.” is not incredibly helpful.

How about some instructions on using the Favorites feature? Maybe a link to an official web-page where server-admins can post their servers, with instructions on how to add these to the Favorites list?

Maybe some links to community sites too so that if people can’t get into the game, they have somewhere to go to get news, or forums so they can talk.

I can imagine that it can be quite off-putting if someone loads up the game and sees a dead-end page whenever there is a problem with the Master-Server, so I hope something a bit more friendly can be done.

EDIT - I just noticed the ASE thread. Maybe some links to 3rd-party server-apps like All-Seeing-Eye and GameSpy would be helpful too.

Dead right its Pi****G me right off to such an extent I've given up on it, I have limited time to spend playing online, so its back to UT2K3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ehmmm.the news comes from the master server

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I ABSOLUTELY AGREE

this is the big demo.

presume 99% of the people think it is broken.

for those who dont know, #ut on enterthegame has a bot running IPs for a ton of servers.

Leave a comment:

• There needs to be a better “Master Server Down” in-game message...

I think it would be a good idea to include more information on the UT2004 in-game News-page for when the Master-Server is occasionally down. Just saying “Please try again later.” is not incredibly helpful.

How about some instructions on using the Favorites feature? Maybe a link to an official web-page where server-admins can post their servers, with instructions on how to add these to the Favorites list?

Maybe some links to community sites too so that if people can’t get into the game, they have somewhere to go to get news, or forums so they can talk.

I can imagine that it can be quite off-putting if someone loads up the game and sees a dead-end page whenever there is a problem with the Master-Server, so I hope something a bit more friendly can be done.

EDIT - I just noticed the ASE thread. Maybe some links to 3rd-party server-apps like All-Seeing-Eye and GameSpy would be helpful too.
Working...
X