how do you side dodge in ut2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you side dodge in ut2004

how do you side dodge in ut2004 ? are there any other good techniques besides side dodging

double tap your left, or right direction key to do a side dodge. you can also dodge forward and backwards using same double tap.

basic jumps..

jump = Jump key
    double jump = Jump, Jump (Pressing Jump mid air to gain more height)

Dodge = Double tap direction key
    Dodge Jump = Double tap direction key, Jump (during your dodge, hit jump, to gain more height and distance)

Wall Dodge Jump, double tap opposite direction to wall (must be along side a wall, if wall to the left, tap right, if right tap left, also possible to do forward and back dodgeing off a wall)
    Wall Dodge Jump Wall dodge Jump (same as above but hit jump after your wall dodge, will gain extra height and distance.

those are the basic's, however there are a few more little tricks.. lift jumping, shield and bio jumping.. few things you can pick up and use when needed in different gametypes, if you play ctf i suggest learning how to shield jump but there's a few game types dedication to the possibilities of trick jumping in ut2004, if you wish to improve at your movment check out the many trials maps or if you want to push it with weapon jumping also check out DPM

DPM Thread

Comment

Thanks. I am downloading the all the dodge pro maps and mods. where do i copy them to and how do i load them to play them ?

Comment

.u files go in the System folder
        .ucl files go in the System folder
        .upl files go in the System folder
        .int go in the System folder
        .ini files go in the System folder
        .ka files go in the KarmaData folder
        .utx files go in the Textures folder
        .ukx files go in the Animations folder
        .usx files go in the StaticMeshes folder
        .uax files go in the Sounds folder
        .ut2 files go in the Maps folder
        .ogg files go in the Music folder

Copy the files into the relevant folders. Then load up the game, go to instant action and depending on the map prefix choose the correct game type. If its a dodge/trials map it is most likely going to be an AS (assault) map, or a DM (deathmatch) map. Go to the mutator tab and add any mutators you want and play!

Comment

Originally posted by jim1174 View Post
          Thanks. I am downloading the all the dodge pro maps and mods. where do i copy them to and how do i load them to play them ?
          there should be a read me in the download.

everything for ut2004 is located standard "C:\UT2004" in different folders, maps go in maps folder etc, all the files should be located in there correct files in the download, so its just a case of copying the maps in map folder from download to the map folder in your ut2004 folder

you play them, load ut2004, go to instant action, and select DodgeProModv3.5, then pick a map, these maps you will find hard as your new to it, it can get very anoying when your learning, i suggest you play the NM-Mini maps first, theres about 8 of them, it will get you into the idea of dpm and trick jumping the pack also contains a demo of each of the nmmini map, so if you cannot figure out one of those maps, inside ut2004, go into the community section, click the demo tab, and watch one of the demos

hf with it, its tricky for new players but you improve alot

Comment

snuck in a post before me ini

Originally posted by INIQUITOUS View Post
            go to instant action and depending on the map prefix choose the correct game type. If its a dodge/trials map it is most likely going to be an AS (assault) map, or a DM (deathmatch) map. Go to the mutator tab and add any mutators you want and play!
            Dodge Pro Mod is a custom game type, so has its own section in instant action(uses DPM Map Prefix), also to stop cheaters its impossible to run mutators with DPMv3.5. however if you want to play trials jim1174, those maps will be under AS as INIQUITOUS said and you can use any mutators you want with it ^^ i should rly post trials stuff :P

trials has a lot more easier maps, so for learning you might wish to start there if you find DPM to hard, Trials you can play online to so you mind find a few more people to help you, ut2k4 gaming has a load of Trial map packs, must be over 100 maps, join there if your interested, altho maybe joining a trial server and learning a bit more about it might be better before you download all 38 map packs

Comment

thanks the files i downloaded were DPM-TeH-BiG-PacK.rar and DPM-TeH-BiG-PacK skin fix. where does the rar file go ?

Comment

rar is the same as a zip file, it takes all the files and compresses them making them smaller and in 1 file. you will need a rar/zip program to extract them, i suggest you get one, rar and zip's are very commonly used when downloading, i use Zip Genius, it does both Zip and Rar and loads more and its free

Comment

Originally posted by jim1174 View Post
                  how do you side dodge in ut2004 ? are there any other good techniques besides side dodging
                  XDXDXDXD

Sorry but, this question

Comment

Working...
                  X