Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK hardcore UT'ers... Is this "the game"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not no, but hell no!

Comment

Well i dunno really, when i bought UT1 back in december '99 it all clicked immidiately. This time, there were some issues, but not by far as much as there were with UT2k3.

- The scaling is still stupid.
      - The silly movements are still there.
      - Adrenaline, pah!

Overall, the leveldesign has improved. But the whole cartoonish feel makes it a bit too awkward for me :up: :bulb: :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Meshugger
        Well i dunno really, when i bought UT1 back in december '99 it all clicked immidiately. This time, there were some issues, but not by far as much as there were with UT2k3.

- The scaling is still stupid.
        - The silly movements are still there.
        - Adrenaline, pah!

Overall, the leveldesign has improved. But the whole cartoonish feel makes it a bit too awkward for me :up: :bulb: :down:
        Here's a suggestion: Load up Rankin locally with the default game settings and play for an hour. I did this last night for hours on end and I felt like a superstar. This is the first time I've ever warmed up to the superjumps.

Technically the scaling should be just fine. I plan on doing some rigerous testing later on scaling, but it has far more to do with the way the models are designed, and the fact that supermoves allow people to move further away quicker, than anything else.

Comment

this game is a great ut replacement has the same
          laughable fun and fury ut had back in 99, forget all this
          technical ****, scaling and whatever just play it and enjoy.
          you know its good people)

hf

Comment

One of the most important things is, the Unreal attitude is back. I'm hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by .:i:.
              Im sorry,nothing can replace UT
              I will play 2k4 sure,but im not going to leave ut any time soon
              ask me in another 5 years
              That's not true. A bona fide UT 2 would replace the original UT and it would become a huge hit. Better graphics, the new game mods along with all the old ones, fewer bugs, better Internet coding and Multiplayer interface, and the exact same physics, movement, weapons, playstyle, and clean, crisp, clear look of the original. A guaranteed best seller and perhaps another Game of the Year winner.

Comment

thats what we all wanted,but it seems epic is more focused on bringing in other players from different games than appealing to their loyal fanbase.
                Not to worry 2k4 isnt putting a dent in uts online #s
                2917 servers, 5649 players
                ONS isnt putting a dent in bf1942s #s either
                3328 servers, 17163 players

Comment

thats what we all wanted...
                  That's certainly NOT what I wanted...

UT with better graphics would have been a huge letdown for me, and the source of many threads b!tching about unoriginality here.

I already OWN UT... I played for a while and had fun, but if UT2 was simply an updated UT, I (like many others) would have shrugged, said Eh... Done this already, and moved onto something else.

Comment

It's closer than it was before. But I don't know to what degree yet.

I like to play Liandry at 175% speed. For some reason, at the default speed in the demo, I feel comfortable. Only one difference though. Let's say I turn around quick and start moving sideways, while aiming, it doesn't totally feel like the same yet. Like it seems a little harder to get a precise aim.

But, I think I have the mouse sensitivity at 70 in UT and in the UT 2004 demo, I think I put it at 25. Since the numbers are different, it's kind of hard to tell exactly where it might be the same if it could be the same.

Comment

thats what we all wanted,but it seems epic is more focused on bringing in other players from different games than appealing to their loyal fanbase.
                      Not to worry 2k4 isnt putting a dent in uts online #s
                      2917 servers, 5649 players
                      ONS isnt putting a dent in bf1942s #s either
                      3328 servers, 17163 players
                      Its doing alright if you ask me..........FOR A DEMO!!!!!

Did someone say something about a loyal UT fanbase.

LMFAO@that one.

The thing is why does a sequel have to be the same as its predecessor.......I just cant get my head round this at all. Its different......its clearly meant to be different......theres UT99 for UT99 style gameplay and UT2003/4 for new style.

All you UT'ers please!!!!!! Stop being big fuc|<ing babies really.

Its about time yous gave it a rest. over a year later and yous are still at it.

If UT was so great....best game ever.....youve had your moneys worth......count your blessings.

Comment

Well, in my opinion:

UT2004 is good, perhaps better than UT2003, and definately better than UT.

I play UT because the atmosphere is good and because I am slightly nostalgic. As for the game play, UT really sucks. It has no complexity.

So the UT-games seem to get increasingly better, but it's not Quake 3 standard yet. More complexity, that is, flexibility in the physics, would be required...

Comment

UT2k4 definitely feels closer to the original UT. UT2k3 felt like UT remixed by Disney. UT2k4 feels like UT remixed by Satan.

Comment

Working...
                          X