Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK hardcore UT'ers... Is this "the game"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK hardcore UT'ers... Is this "the game"?

I realize that this is an early "initial" reaction to the demo, but:

After reading an insane number of threads from hardcore UT players here about how UT2k3 is nothing like UT, and the game sucks... blah blah blah.

What are your thoughts after playing the UT2k4 demo?

Is this the game that you were looking for?
    Please post your thoughts...

people need to understand that nothing will ever be "like ut", and people need to stop trying to compare it, its clearly a different game...and some people will like it, and others wont...whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by HeReTiK
      people need to understand that nothing will ever be "like ut", and people need to stop trying to compare it, its clearly a different game...and some people will like it, and others wont...whatever.
      This has nothing to do with a comparison between the games....

This is simply a: "Will you be playing UT2k4"?, poll.

Comment

For me.. yes.

Comment

I cant really judge

this demo is so overloaded with bugs, that I cant even stop thinking about them and just enjoy the game. with whatever I do they come in my path :\

then its master server down, then its even-the-best-servers-lag, then its the error when using the "&" symbol, then its the tickrate on some servers, then its this/that then its me leaving a small crater for no reason...

and besides, I think this DM map is nice, but with every server having a playerlimit of 16 (and every server being full) its no fun anymore. that DM map is not made for 16 players

so, untill I've played a few good DM games with a good ping and possibly a toned down minigun, NOT 16 players + different maps, then I can judge

Comment

hehehe

Good thread. :up:

I didn't vote cause I'm not so hardheadedutfanboylike that I won't play the others. But UT2k4 sure does seem like a step in the right direction for the UT fans! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=SmileY=-
              possibly a toned down minigun,
              Actually... I think that the removed lockdown will end up keeping the mini balanced.
              Once people have played the game long enough to improve their movement, I don't think that the mini will feel overpowered.

However, the shock is back in a BIG way.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNut
                However, the shock is back in a BIG way.
                Haven't played UT2003 since i needed it's install space for KotOR. Is it me, or is the shockball faster?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoshi_Tiger
                  Haven't played UT2003 since i needed it's install space for KotOR. Is it me, or is the shockball faster?
                  Yeah... Although the ROF has been decreased, the shock ball movement is faster. I found it to be quite deadly in DM last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerNut
                    Yeah... Although the ROF has been decreased, the shock ball movement is faster. I found it to be quite deadly in DM last night.
                    aye, roger that.

My brother played the demo all night....he gives it the thumbs up so far.

He's an ex-hardcore UT-er. When 2k3 came out, he played it, hated it and decided not to touch any Unreal Tournie stuff ever again.

Last night, he sat down, played a few games around Rankin and said, 'this map feels proper UT.'

Salvation, i say

Comment

Originally posted by Scoshi_Tiger
                      Last night, he sat down, played a few games around Rankin and said, 'this map feels proper UT.'
                      LOL... Same with my bro.

Despite my best efforts, he wouldn't stick with 2k3... But he really liked the UT2k4 demo.

Comment

Ummm, it's not a very good game. Just UT2003 with some new content.

Comment

I need full version...then ill decide,if its a worthy sucessor to the almighty UT1.(demo is pretty good though) :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=SmileY=-
                            I cant really judge

this demo is so overloaded with bugs, that I cant even stop thinking about them and just enjoy the game. with whatever I do they come in my path :\

then its master server down, then its even-the-best-servers-lag, then its the error when using the "&" symbol, then its the tickrate on some servers, then its this/that then its me leaving a small crater for no reason...

and besides, I think this DM map is nice, but with every server having a playerlimit of 16 (and every server being full) its no fun anymore. that DM map is not made for 16 players

so, untill I've played a few good DM games with a good ping and possibly a toned down minigun, NOT 16 players + different maps, then I can judge
                            Jesus Christ! The minigun is just like UT. It's awesome!

Comment

Yes, but I really need to get used to those red thingies on the side of the screen... I don't even notice if I'm being gunned down with a mini in the back :bulb:

Comment

Working...
                              X