How do bases switch hands in onslaught?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do bases switch hands in onslaught?

This morning I got into a tank for the first time and went on a rampage. I took out the link right outside the enemy base and noticed something wierd... my base was showing up on the map in the enemy color. The enemy base also switched (shortly thereafter, if I am not mistaken) and I eventually won by blowing up what had started out as my own base.

Can anyone tell me how this happened? I thought the power cores could only be blown up, not stolen.

Since no one has answered, I'll speculate:

It's possible under certain circumstances to cut off an enemy node from the enemy base. If the enemy has the node next to your base but is not linked to its own base through the node, perhaps it is still possible to attack the base, resulting in the base being captured without ending the game.

Only thing I can think of that would explain what happened...

Comment

I think what happened was you were looking at your radar upside down.

Comment

I suppose I can't rule out the possibility I was just confused, as you suggest Worf. People *were* shooting at me at the time, so I wasn't observing in a detached manner.

I'm still pretty sure that my base was in the top left at the beginning of the game, and I won the game when I blew up the base in the top left. Can anyone say for sure that what I've described is impossible? Or can someone replicate it?

Comment

Working...
        X