Vehicles in DM/TDM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles in DM/TDM?

Will UT2004 have vehicles in Death Match and Team Death Match mode as in Onslaught? If so then I'm definitely buying this game! I loved the original UT and then bought UT2003 and was disappointed. I tried to like UT2003 but something was different somehow....besides the obvious differences. Now with UT2004, Epic has made a hybrid between UT and UT2003 which in this case I think it works very well! I love the scale of everything and of course the beauty of the Unreal engine but I really want vehicles in DM mode. Of course it would only work in big maps and outdoor maps but it really adds to the game I think. The reason I liked the Onslaught map was not so much the object of the game (which is very cool by the way) as it was being able to drive the vehicles. I played the Halo demo for the PC when it came out and was not impressed; but with UT2004 it works for me! Anyway if anyone has any info about the vehicles that would be great!

-

From retail only Assault and Onslaught have vehicles on it, but it is easy to mod maps where there are vehicles and I suppose it will be popular... Vehicle CTF could be interesting.

Z.

Comment

Yeah I'd like to see that...I really thing DM would benefit from is as well...just put equal amount of vehicles at both team spawn points...then it would be fair.

Comment

CTF in Halo with vehicals is friggin awesome ; - The vehicals in UT2k4 own Halo's - I'd say anything goes ; Raptors and mantas are so crazy for capping flags tho, so i'd say the slower typed are ok ; -

-Manta-

Comment

CTF might work with vehicles, if the maps are designed for them. But I can't see DM/TDM working good with vehicles.

But once the game is released I am sure there will be lots of custom made DM maps with tons of vehicles. Probably mutators like 'Goliath-arena' and similar. It will be as fun as a redeemer arena on gael

/Kronon

Comment

Working...
          X