My UT2004 Frames Per Second suck!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My UT2004 Frames Per Second suck!!

I have a 2.4 GHZ P4, 1gb PC2700 ram, 9800 PRO and I am getting high 20's in onslaught online with 32 people. The textures don't look anywhere near as good as UT2003 and my frames are much better with UT2003. Even the deathmatch and CTF maps only get 60's on fps. I have my ini refresh set to 85. Seems like I should be getting better frames. Also There is this warping effect online that is annoying. The text-voice volume control does not work.

Other than this the game is great and a welcome edition I just wish it played better.

I have all the latest drivers for my card board, etc.

That warping effect is coming from the server.

For some reason the Demo chokes on more than 24 players after about ten minutes into the map.

I have plenty of CPU, but it still gets jerky with more than 24 players on Onslaught. Try another server with more CPU and less players and see if it is as bad.

-- Cain

Comment

i notest a HUGE improvement in the engine, it runs sooooo much smother now for me. but im getting wors ping even in DM for some reason but the new gametypes are extremely fun and i love the vehicles. i hope alot of BF and UT99 players start playing it.

Comment

i was hoping epic would of unloaded more of the grapics work onto the video card. but 2004 seems more cpu dependent then 2003. i get the same fps on 640 x 480 as i do at 1600 x 200 on my 9800 pro. just so you guys know, in assault mode you can expect to average less then 30 fps on a p4 2.6c model. IMO thats unnacceptable

Comment

ya i have 2.53p4 and 1gb of ram and geforcefx 5900Ultra and i too get pretty crappy FPS in AS, its not unplayable by any means, but pretty unacceptable

Comment

i find it very unplayable. at 25 fps dont even bother using any gun except the rocket launcher, because its impossible to aim

Comment

I wonder if the full version plays better like with UT2003?

Comment

Direct 3D

make sure you have Direct 3D turn on instead of software rendering..for some reason for ATi owners it runs better and smoother on Direct 3D settings instead of Software. But there are some bugs in the shadow and particle effects that ive seen so far on my card..does anyone see anything else?? And I own a 9800 Pro.

Comment

Hmmm that's odd because my rig:
                  p4 2.27ghz 533fsb 512kb L2
                  1024 pc2700 DDR
                  128mb GeForce FX 5700 Ultra

Runs it smoother than a babies but! Game looks awesome on my rig. Wierd.

Only problem's I had was lag on the ONS servers I went on, my ping was mid 200's. CTF server I played on (gibgames) was great which is odd because I play on their ut2k3 servers and get horrible connections usually. Off to test DM and ***.

Comment

X0n3r0g, i have an identical rig to u pretty much apart from i have a 2.0 ghz P4 instead of a 2.4 and mine runs soooooooooo sweet. Try checking all ur fast write settings etc on the radeon, altho if it runs ok in 2k3 then im not sure that will help....

Wots ur net speed? and is this just online cus u have to bear in mind that ur FPS is tied to ur Netspeed, which is in turn capped to the tick rate of the server. If your gettin Decent FPS suring a bot match then it polly aint ur rig tbh

Comment

whats the fps command again?

Comment

console > statfps
                        Just FYI, I'm running a 1.3 ghz with TI4800 and and my fps is fine (in ONS, not AS).

Comment

i have like the same system as u x0 even a better cpu
                          and i also have this **** the framrate just suck its really anyoing doh!1 also i have sound issues

Comment

shut up everyone...this is beta only, the full game will be more optimized...FYI im playing it with everything on highest, 1024*768 32 bit, and while playing ONS online with 18 players on map im getting about 40 - 60 fps...if that is too slow 4 u guys, then u are ********s

Comment

ATI SUCKS!!!!

*runs for cover*

this was a joke it was in no way intended to start a flame war thank you have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                              X