No announcement yet.

So much for the bitTorrent link...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the BitTorrent didn't work well for me but i got the 2 Degrees Client and used that and it gave me 400 KB/s

get it here:

http://www.modnmod.com/news.php?id=113

Comment

Re: Re: Re: So much for the bitTorrent link...

Originally posted by NachoUK
      So I needed to download a different program then obviously, because the standard bitTorrent program offers precisely 0 options for capping download/upload speeds.
      The standard BT clients does offer those options, but it’s far from friendly. (You have to do it from the command-line.)

You should have read the FasterFiles demo page more carefully. They were using Azureus custom software to seed the demo, and Azureus itself is an excellent client with loads of options and a friendly interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikill
        yep, flopped for me too. I couldn't get above 10KB/s on a 1M/128K DSL line yet my upload was at ~15KB/s.
        This is your problem. 15KB/s is maxing out a 128k line. You need to keep the upload capped to 12KB/s or less otherwise there's no room for the ACK packets so the download gets choked.

Comment

Got my copy from one of the mirrors. It took a while to find one that responded, but then I got the file in one go with 60KB/s :up:

Comment

Average: (512 ADSL)

30-35 Up

14-18 Down

Gotta admit I felt a bit ripped off .... but it took 3 hours and I got an hour in before bed .... no probs really.

Still ... glad to see it wasn't just me.

Comment

bt was teh suck i had 5kb first then 0.7 wtf i had to cancel then searched 30min for a free slot on a proper server whre i had 100kb then

Comment

Dude, instead of using S**rN**a, download from HTTP. I got a steady speed of 97Kb/s and it took me about 2 hours to download (with pausing etc.)

Comment

2.5Mbit in+out

Comment

80% of the people on BT expected to DL at their max while uploading at their max. Most people have 4/5x as much download bandwidth as upload... not enough to go around when there are only a few people seeding.

Winthin 5 mins of release there wre about 20 HTTP mirrors, I just picked a nice yet obscure one (all the large DL mirrors were being hammered), and i got a full speed download.

Torrent is not the "godsend" that a lot of people preach it is.

Comment

I was getting an amazing display of data packet transfers totalling about 6 k/sec.

However, everyone seemed to be getting from me ok, with my upload running at about 20 k/sec.

It's times like these I have a FP subscription, was only getting 60k/sec from them, but I had a CoD war whilst I was downloading it anways, so I didn't mind how long it was taken.

Comment

I got raped for 2 hrs on bit torrent, then it posted on usenet and I got the demo in 12 and a half minutes.

Comment

80 KB/s down, 16 up.

Mainly because 20 is my max up.

See, you limit the upload to allow handshaking, and you get plenty of down.

Comment

I was using the Java client and set my upload to 10 max and I was getting an average of 100k down. It took about 40 minutes to download the whole thing so I am not complaining.

Comment

i tried bt for roughly 5 mins, never got above 8kb/s so i went to http
                              [screenshot]http://members.lycos.co.uk/tyler42089/ut2004done.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

same here, i experimented a little, and if i gave every torrent 9kb/sec upload, the download would be at its top
                                i'm not risking getting WL by telling what stuff i downloaded besides teh demo though

Comment

Working...
                                X