Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for the bitTorrent link...

What a flop eh?

I've been getting about 10-11kb/s download all night, meanwhile my upload is getting raped for a consistent 24+kb/s... bah.

Since I can't play it tonight, i'm kinda wasting my time downloading it now, and might as well have left it 'till tomorrow.
    However, i'm gonna leave it up anyway so more leeches can get their copy

It just started to go above 50KB/s for me. 65KB/s right now. It was fluctuating from 10-45KB/s earlier, guess there's more people seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by t0x1k
      It just started to go above 50KB/s for me. 65KB/s right now. It was fluctuating from 10-45KB/s earlier, guess there's more people seeding.
      same here, im waiting in FP line just in case

Comment

yep, flopped for me too. I couldn't get above 10KB/s on a 1M/128K DSL line yet my upload was at ~15KB/s. This was at about 4pm EST. I finally gave up and got it from badct at a steady 105KB/s.

Comment

I got 150kb/sec I know people that got up to 300kb/sec

Comment

I put it on my server at work to seed, and it got it at 300kb/sec steady, with an upload of 500kb/sec. From home, simultaneously, I got 150kb/sec down and 50kb/sec up.

Comment

Is there any way to delete the partially deleted BT file I have on my desktop? I've rebooted and I still can't delete it. Azurres (or whatever) isn't even running.

BT only got me 20-30KB download so I ended up getting it from a different link.

Comment

Try "move on boot" from http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/fileutil/index.htm
                Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "old versions Freeware"
                Only thing that worked for me on those unfinished bittorrent files.
                I was only getting 10KB so I also got it from another source.

Comment

I was getting 120-150 kb/s on Bittorrent half way through the download. The first half was slow though with only 40 kb/s.

Comment

60KB/s from start to finish.

Comment

I dunno, I got mine thru FilePlanet at 200-320 Kbs the entire time.
                      So I had it in 20 minutes.

Comment

Got mine from BT, was fine!

Comment

Re: So much for the bitTorrent link...

Originally posted by NachoUK
                          I've been getting about 10-11kb/s download all night, meanwhile my upload is getting raped for a consistent 24+kb/s... bah.
                          That upload was your problem. If you had throttled it to around 10-20KB/s your download would surely have been much better. This was specified in the BT threads in this forum, but I guess it obviously wasn’t hammered-home enough.

Comment

Re: Re: So much for the bitTorrent link...

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
                            That upload was your problem. If you had throttled it to around 10-20KB/s your download would surely have been much better. This was specified in the BT threads in this forum, but I guess it obviously wasn’t hammered-home enough.
                            So I needed to download a different program then obviously, because the standard bitTorrent program offers precisely 0 options for capping download/upload speeds.

Comment

Re: Re: So much for the bitTorrent link...

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
                              I had it set to max 2 uploads (as I could have sworn that max. 3 upl killed the download-speed), but I still wasn't getting any decent download-speeds.

Perhaps the only advantage was that I didn't have to wait to just to start downloading at a decent 30+ kb/s speed.

I only saw what looked like 2-3 downloads at ultra-lowspeed at once, so perhaps too many people were just leeching instead of serving ?

Comment

Working...
                              X