Bullet lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What do you actually mean by bullet lag by the way?

There's a strange phenomenon with the Minigun that after shooting, the tracer of the first bullet you shoot always faces the direction of the old bullets, even though the actual bullet flies where it should fly. But guess that's not the case

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gorgesucks View Post
    Unless you have a super-awesome ping of like 40 or something where it's barely noticeable, there will always be some. As said though, it could also be lag on either your end or the server's end.

Press F6 while playing on a typical server to see all your realtime statistics on your network. Check not only your ping, though your packet loss as well. The best connections would not get any or very little, though if you're always getting it really bad no matter the server, you might want to try a new network solution, though we ought to start from the top. So go ahead and play on several servers that give you a good ping and watch the line reading PacketLoss for a while. (Normal is 0.) Be mindful that more players also contributes to higher pings and more lag.

And packet loss is a little bit different in the effect on gameplay. (High pings are often unstable though and can give you lag and packet loss.) Pings indicate the number of milliseconds it takes for information to go from the server to your computer, which would mean shots come later with higher pings. Packet loss (lag) is where information is lost between the server and your computer, which results in choppiness.
    okay, I joined a server with 60-80 ping, And got a ping of 60, No packet loss and the bullet lag wasnt bad, But still sorta noticible, And I joined a 140 ping server and got 120 ping and the bullet lag was split second, And all throughout, My packet loss said 0 for both in and out...So what's the deal here? is this normal? Note I get bullet lag for This, UT99, Quake 3, and TF2. is this supposed to be normal across most games? Games like CSS, BF series and Crysis wars have NO bullet lag

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeap, Packetloss makes you enter a hyperspeed motion mode, like you start running 5 times faster, and after it's over you just get teleported back left to think about what just happened. Quite hilarious to see packetloss on Trial servers - even if you see someone falling off, he might still have passed that step.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unless you have a super-awesome ping of like 40 or something where it's barely noticeable, there will always be some. As said though, it could also be lag on either your end or the server's end.

Press F6 while playing on a typical server to see all your realtime statistics on your network. Check not only your ping, though your packet loss as well. The best connections would not get any or very little, though if you're always getting it really bad no matter the server, you might want to try a new network solution, though we ought to start from the top. So go ahead and play on several servers that give you a good ping and watch the line reading PacketLoss for a while. (Normal is 0.) Be mindful that more players also contributes to higher pings and more lag.

And packet loss is a little bit different in the effect on gameplay. (High pings are often unstable though and can give you lag and packet loss.) Pings indicate the number of milliseconds it takes for information to go from the server to your computer, which would mean shots come later with higher pings. Packet loss (lag) is where information is lost between the server and your computer, which results in choppiness.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gorgesucks View Post
    Find another server that gives you a low ping. (Typically under 100 is most desirable) The lower the ping, the better.
    Thing is, It does it reguardless....How can i fix this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    get same effect if you have packet loss too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Find another server that gives you a low ping. (Typically under 100 is most desirable) The lower the ping, the better.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Bullet lag

Bullet lag

Online, it takes a split second for the ammo to come out of guns, Like when i shoot wiht the rocket launcher, I press LMB and a split second later it ejects from the launcher and hits the wall. What can i do? Is this normal?
Working...
X