UK UT2004 Demo release scheduled for 8pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
    21.00 GMT +1. 200Mb*1024Kb\85dlspeed\60sec= 40min +5min setup...
    At 21.50 it begins
    I think you need to count in the load of the server you're going to download the demo from.

Unless you have some kind of subscription somewhere, I'm pretty much sure you'll be glad if you'll be able to play by 11 o'clock...

Comment

Sorry lads but t3h MONKEYS have t3h demo and they escaped in a motorized barrel... heading east north east to closes banana... or was it tomato4?

Anyway camp the losest banana/tomato4 and grab demo once monkey is there

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
        I think you need to count in the load of the server you're going to download the demo from.

Unless you have some kind of subscription somewhere, I'm pretty much sure you'll be glad if you'll be able to play by 11 o'clock...
        Bit torrent. 100.000 ppl with their DSL lines have together a 128Kbupload*100000\1024\1024= 12,2 Gbit line. I think thats quite a bit and speeds will be ok imho

Is is just me or is INA lagging like hell now

EDit: U at the uni now? cannot test teh demo? sucks

Comment

Bit torrent. 100.000 ppl with their DSL lines have together a 128Kbupload*100000\1024\1024= 12,2 Gbit line. I think thats quite a bit and speeds will be ok imho

Ahh, ok.

Yes, it IS lagging. :sour:

And yes, I'm at the uni right now (and will be till June). But tbh I don't care much about the demo, what's sadder though is that I'll have my UT2004 (hopefully SE ) box lying on my desk and collecting dust. THAT is going to suck... :sour::down:

Comment

Yup its pretty **** slow today

Comment

The site has been lagging bad the past 7 hours... i think there's mad data being transfered to distributors :up:

Comment

Well it is coming...thats all that is important...before long many of us will be in UT nirvana... I hope Got lotsa sleep last night in anticipation :up:

Comment

Originally posted by kisk
                  The site has been lagging bad the past 7 hours... i think there's mad data being transfered to distributors :up:
                  :up:

Kr4zed
                  yeah and all the exiting flamewars :/.. okok im not jumping on ya now
                  Dont they have any PC there in Ireland

Comment

Hmm... I've been blaming BT for the insane net lag for me over the past couple of days. Must be something else then

And I like blaming BT too... damnit... I wanted it to be their fault

Comment

8pm??? Bloody buggering *******s! I have to leave work at 6 (nice fast dsl here) and it aint gonna happen at home on my sh1tty 56k. I just hope the torrent is still running rapidly tomorrow morning.

Comment

:up:

Kr4zed
                        yeah and all the exiting flamewars :/.. okok im not jumping on ya now
                        Dont they have any PC there in Ireland
                        The PC's here in the lab are out of the game (they wouldn't run the game at all and of course, playing on them is forbidden).

Maybe I'd have a chance if I went to some gaming club, but I'd rather spend money on more important things, and the game will wait (I know I can).

Comment

Newsgroups people, newsgroups.

Someone split the file using RAR, into 15 meg pieces.
                          Then upload to a group using Agent.

Suggested groups are

alt.binaries.boneless
                          alt.binaries.games

If the post is clean, it will automatically propigate on all newsgroup servers, and then people will be using the bandwidth from their ISP server, instead of flooding web sites.

Comment

21.00 GMT +1. 200Mb*1024\85dlspeed\60sec= 40min +5min setup...
                            At 21.50 it begins
                            aaaiiiiight

Comment

Bleurgghhhh!

Me is teh tired....... But me is teh wait for teh demo more longer :up:

*Hat has decided to turn into a total imbecile*

Comment

can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X