Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

demo anticipation not as big as UT2003's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason why there isnt as much hype

1 - All of the once large ut community was awaiting 2k3
    now its mostly 2k3ers most of the uters arent intrested because of 2k3

2 - it was only a year ago

3 - everybodys playing desert combat :up: (I play it like I did ut 3 years ago-up till daybreak cant get enough kinda playing)

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFlower

The only reason I still check out this forum once in a while is because my old old old UT love still makes me wonder in my heart if Epic would have fixed their game. But my head tells me it won't happen. Sorry.

I hope you guys will all love the new game !
      that allmost made me cry

Comment

nah i'm like totally hyped!! :up:

Comment

Well I believe in a lot of ways they are fixing the game to be alot more like UT but with suitable advancements that a game should go through as it evolves. While I still don't like some things like double jump and dodge jump, mostly everything else I want is coming to UT2k4.

If anything, I would at least recommend LittleFlower try the demo and see if it sparks any interest.

I played a build a few months ago and it was fun. And after seeing all these new videos, and hearing about more changes, I can't help but feel this is a much better game now. I think the wait will be worth it.

And just think, the tons of content, even on the CD version. Nearly 100 maps if the Gamespy article is right, across 10 gametypes.

And you know what's ironic, I can't sleep. It's my birthday, the demo is coming out at Noon, and I'm sitting here on an adrenaline high because I have been waiting for this for so long.

So yeah, the hype is here, and it's all good, and I'm glued to this forum. It feels a little bit like old times.

Comment

clearly, last year there were 3k waiting for it in the chat...good luck on even reaching 300 for this one.

guess a lot of people really hated 2k3. :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by LittleFlower
              Citadel is just terrible, terrible, terrible. Maybe if you used to be a UT-Face-*****, maybe it was acceptable. But for everyone else, Citadel was just a boring map with bad gameplay.
              This sounds like your personal dislike to me. Citadel is a great level. It has GREAT gameplay. Like the original face, it's a great map for creative use of the TL. That's why there is a great pinging server that stays full all of the time where they don't even keep score. It's like a perpetual practice session. The fun only ends when you get tired enough to leave.

Comment

At the time of 2003 demo
                I spent days on this forum watching the
                cliffy cams. This time around I just pop in every few days to check. It's out when it's out.

One day it will say download demo now
                Ill be happy. Posting 4000 posts and reading
                these forums for days on end is nuts people.
                Later

Comment

Originally posted by RoughRider
                  This sounds like your personal dislike to me. Citadel is a great level. It has GREAT gameplay. Like the original face, it's a great map for creative use of the TL. That's why there is a great pinging server that stays full all of the time where they don't even keep score. It's like a perpetual practice session. The fun only ends when you get tired enough to leave.
                  I just wish Citadel was bigger. The map felt too tiny, even though it was only a little smaller than CTF-Face. Maybe also because the TL goes so far now also.

Too many of the indoor maps were too cramped for the superjumps in UT2k3. It's as if the maps were designed for UT in mind. But that's changed in UT2k4 however, which is fine by me.

Comment

UT2003 was the most anticipated game in 2002, all games and all categories included. I bet UT2004 isnt even in top-10 of most anticipated games right now.

Compared to the week before the demo for UT and UT2003 was released, this is dead calm. Hopefully Epic will surprise us this time, and not disapoint us (or most of us) like they did last time.

/Kronon

Comment

Originally posted by RoughRider
                      <Me disliking Citadel>

This sounds like your personal dislike to me. Citadel is a great level. It has GREAT gameplay. Like the original face, it's a great map for creative use of the TL. <snip>
                      Well, IMHO gameplay on Citadel is bad. Bad compared to most UT CTF maps, but even compared to most UT2003 CTF maps. I have never enjoyed a game on Citadel. (While I did enjoy an occaisonal Face game). I explained the flaws of Citadel over a year ago. Luckily I have kept a copy of that text. I don't think we should discuss this issue in this thread, but because I can't resist , check this text to see why I think Citadel is flawed.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hhwsmit/ut/citadel.txt

Comment

just a bit of intuition but i think almost everyone is gona love UT2004!

...my only reservations about the demo are its not the full version of the game

Comment

Originally posted by kisk
                          while 04's hype is pretty high to the dedictated ut community it still won't even remotely compare to doom3 hype to come

lol, hopfully im going to be fast asleep when that **** d3 comes out. can just imagin all thoes threads about ppl cant finding a game to play cuz every game is full at 4 people.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl
                            just a bit of intuition but i think almost everyone is gona love UT2004!

...my only reservations about the demo are its not the full version of the game
                            Love the voice pack.
                            Just wanted to say that.

Edit: **** it,ok im a fan. :sour: :up:
                            Seriously,you did great with that voice pack,pro stuff.Deserved the ..first place i believe?
                            Enough flatering.

Comment

Working...
                            X