Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to buy a FataI1ty video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a freaking video card...people don't get laid reguardless of what video card they buy anyways...

anyways he's playing games...someone asks him want to sit on a comfortable chair with a laptop and pretend to be doing something and in return he gets a nice paycheck...WHO WOULDN'T DO THAT? I think it's cool that players get recognized and I think it's good for gaming in general...

Comment

Originally posted by te®m
      My moneys on the endorsements failing.
      Probably yes. Or, if not failing exactly, then it won't set the world alight with success.

But he's taken that first step and others will surely follow in the years to come, raising computer gaming's profile and forcing people (and especially the entertainment industry as a whole) to take it more seriously.

I mean, this is an industry that ranks alongside the movie industry in terms of global revenues, and yet is still considered to be something of a joke by most people. What it needs is some high-profile individuals to show that there's a professional side to the industry as a whole and validate it in the minds of many.

Don't think that FataI1ty isn't being extremely brave in taking this step, because he is. Sure, he's in it to make himself a few dollars, but he's been around computers long enough to know that there are going to be thousands of no-life knobheads, whose last sexual experience was when they stopped breast-feeding at the age of 10, on forums such as this rediculing him and that can still be painful.

But he's showing some of the drive, courage and determination that made him such a force in gaming and ploughing it into other avenues within the computer industry.

He ought to be applauded :up:

Comment

Pro-gaming is a joke! FataI1ty will probably end up on one of those MTV specials like "Where are they now?"

Comment

Pro-gaming is a joke! FataI1ty will probably end up on one of those MTV specials like "Where are they now?"
          yep :up:

I mean, this is an industry that ranks alongside the movie industry in terms of global revenues, and yet is still considered to be something of a joke by most people. What it needs is some high-profile individuals to show that there's a professional side to the industry as a whole and validate it in the minds of many.
          In an industry that is up there with the movie industry in terms of revenue.. why would they care or need fatl1ty to promote a booming industry ?
          thats right they dont.. it's doing fine on its own and gamers are doing fine without sitting around in a fat beanie and fat bla bla.

He is out to make cash nothing more, dont swallow the rest of that 'I'm in it for the gamers' rubbish
          (that is to say nothing about his gaming skills, just him as a brand :haha: )

Comment

In an industry that is up there with the movie industry in terms of revenue.. why would they care or need fatl1ty to promote a booming industry ?
            They don't need FataI1ty in himself, but they need names and personalities. At the moment game developers often find themselves going to hollywood to get voice-talent or the sports industry to get endorsements. There are very few instances where the entertainment industry comes to the game industry (Lara Croft being a notable exception) for marketing purposes.

Don't think for a minute that the industry is doing "just fine" because it's in a very precarious position. To cement their role as a valid entertainment format they need widespread acceptance and that's something they don't have at the moment in most countries in the world. They also need cross-marketing and merchandising potential to truly become a global force and bring in other lines of revenue (like the movie and sports industries, for example, already have).

And again, don't think for one minute that the steps FataI1ty is taking don't require courage. He's put himself on display and fully understands the negative possibilities should be fail, especially as he understands that many would be just begging him to crash and burn. I never said he's doing it "for gamers", but that in taking this step he's opening the door for others to do the same. And because of this, in time the industry as a whole will get some of the recognition it both craves and needs.

Comment

No sorry I just dont really see a need for it, it just looks like a big cash in ego thing to me.

Comment

No sorry I just dont really see a need for it, it just looks like a big cash in ego thing to me.
                and even still if you were given money to practically sit there and do nothing would you have not done the same? I know I would...besides it'd be kinda cool (in a geekish sort of way?) to say I have a line of video cards named after me...

Comment

to say I have a line of video cards named after me...
                  ? I'm not talking about just the video cards but the hot air in general.

Do you have a link to these video cards for me to look at ?
                  or was he just getting in to the realms of fantasy

Comment

What a geek...a true geek.

Am I saying this because I envy him? No...how could anyone? The guy has no life...he sits in his parents basement playing games. Yes, he makes lots of money...but at what cost?
                    I'd rather be a poor man with a good girlfriend and a place to call my own.

Not that i'm a sucky player. I stay in the top 5.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, really...

If I'm gonna make money sitting at a computer, I'm doing it this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X