Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to buy a FataI1ty video card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, it seems we have a contender? Would you like to face fataL1ty some day son?
    I'm curious are you sitting there in a Fatal1ty hoody with the hood up over the top of a Fatal1ty beanie whilst cruising the forum on a Fat pad ?

Comment

Originally posted by tec69
      Ah, it seems we have a contender? Would you like to face fataL1ty some day son?

in a skilled game of UT, yeah sure why not....in a newb game like 2k3...rofl nah no thx.

Comment

what a homo

Comment

Originally posted by Tobbe
          Suprise!
          We´ve got a Fatal1ty hater.
          So what´s so wrong about him?Being a good fps´er player,winning lots of tournaments and wanting to endorse a video card?
          I dont get it,his playing style?His attitude?
          I take it it must be either of those last two reasons but what do i know.
          I dont really know the guy myself.
          Good questions. The reason I don't want a Fatal1ty video card is that I personally don't believe in the concept of celebrities, nor their endorsements, unless they work with the manufacturers to develop a superior product at a price point which justifies the implied cost increase. I seriously don't believe that most celebrities have the capacity to instruct developers/manufacturers in methods of superior design while minimizing cost and therefore solely rely on the skills of those nameless others to support their endorsement and then marketing based on hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonics
            I don't know why...but I found this picture funny...

nice chair

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonics
              I don't know why...but I found this picture funny...

Probably because even if he were to use a laptop, he probably wouldn't take his fingers off the keys, much less pound the keyboard like that.

Comment

jeez :bulb: unsubscribing spaming my inbox :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Comment

wow I'm impressed

.... no, no I'm really not

:bulb:

Comment

I thought Thresh was a cooler name anyway.

"The new Ouagdougou Video Card!
                    Now with Extra Crappy Drivers (ECD (tm)), so have something blame other than your own lack of skill"

Comment

so many fat haters, always. I used to think branching out and putting a name no one really cares about onto merchandise was retarded, and thought he was an idiot. Then I met him, played a few matches, and realized the guys he work with have some sense. He isn't really as cocky as he comes off as, he's just realizing that if his products actually end up being better, people will buy them. I played on a few of the fat machines at cxg, and they were good machines.

Before I go, I leave you with a little quote jagobah uses everytime I mention that I'll never ever buy a fat pad cuz of the logo on it:

"bet most of you wear nike shoes and tommy hilfigger shirts too, don't you?"

Brand names mean little when you look past the brand names. In the end, it's about the products.

WillzZz

Comment

Originally posted by C1CB01
                        I seriously don't believe that most celebrities have the capacity to instruct developers/manufacturers in methods of superior design while minimizing cost and therefore solely rely on the skills of those nameless others to support their endorsement and then marketing based on hype.
                        I think you´re right in that i cant see what Fatal1ty would be able to contribute with to motherboard and graphic card manufacturers to actually make his endorsement worth something.

But to quote the interview where Fatal1ty says:
                        This is all new. We're going to create our own stuff--our own motherboards, our own video cards.
                        We,who´s we?I thought this would just be about endorsement.

I think its a blooper of him as well to actually compare himself to a mega star like Michael Jordan.
                        Pro computer gaming doesnt have that support and recognition like basketball and other more active "real" sports have so i really understand if people see him as arrogant and not so modest.

Comment

I played on a few of the fat machines at cxg, and they were good machines.
                          What was in these machines that makes them fat machines ?

We're going to create our own stuff--our own motherboards, our own video cards. Just have everything maxed out for the best performance. We're not just going to tweak the stuff that's out there
                          there is no point in defending the beanies and sports garbage

Comment

To the one who said he "gets the chicks" or some stupid **** like that..
                            I haven't seen not one pic of him with any female.
                            I don't know any female would date someone who spends the majority of his time playing games..
                            Even if there was a chance of hell freezing over, and him getting laid.. It's only because of the 50k he gets or what ever.. He has to live with that fact..

How many people would like to know, the reason the female you're with, is with you because of $$?

Comment

I heard the new Russian quake players would eat him alive at the game (and a few others), also that he jumps on a game wins a tournament or 2 then moves on to some other game, to keep a clean slate... to feed the hype machine so he can get his Taiwan contact to start the Fat sock production.

Comment

Originally posted by Ach_TR
                                "bet most of you wear nike shoes and tommy hilfigger shirts too, don't you?"

Brand names mean little when you look past the brand names. In the end, it's about the products.
                                Which tend to be complete and utter **** ...

I'd even say :
                                the more famous a person needed to endorse the product
                                the crappier said product is

Never mind that I wouldn't trust someone that seems to believe in the nVidia-school of optimizing (ie : screw image-quality, go for speed at any cost) to create a videocard that would be worth the sand it was made from.

Of course there's also the little thing called development which takes +/- 2-3 years for new products. Given that no one except Ati & nVidia have managed to create something that's competitive in both features as well as speed & quality I doubt a non-billionaire geek could do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X