Custom Onslaught servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Onslaught servers?

Anyone know if there are any Onslaught servers that would have custom link setups? Preferably no choke points? As Onslaught is basically a very nice gametype, just that choke points kill it.

Personally I have customised link setups for almost all maps and made sure that:
    1. There are at least two nodes that link to each power core.
    2. There are no centre choke points.
    3. There are overall no choke points - there would be multiple ways to win.
    4. There is at least one link that links different paths - that is, instead of having two lines you have an X.
    5. Both sides are equal - usually identical, yet not easy to gain control of the power cores and needs some strategy.

So, anyone know if there are servers like that?

Yes, we have that on Titan.

http://games.titaninternet.co.uk/cgi-bin/titan.pl

Comment

Hmm, yet all the maps are custom... Can't you use another link setup with the usual maps?

Comment

hmmm cool interresting

Comment

The usual maps don't really work that well. Epic had a pretty good go at writing Onslaught maps, but didn't really know how the game was going to be played once people really got to grips with the gametype.

I put it to you that knowing Onslaught as you do now, you'd never design ONS-TORLAN as it was made!

Comment

Yes indeed, Torlan is tricky with node setup. I usually do it like this: the core connects both the Goliath and the usual first node at your side (east or west). Then two Goliath nodes connect each other, and finally the usual first nodes connect the centre. Two way combat all across the map then.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Anyone know if there are any Onslaught servers that would have custom link setups? Preferably no choke points? As Onslaught is basically a very nice gametype, just that choke points kill it.

Personally I have customised link setups for almost all maps and made sure that:
              1. There are at least two nodes that link to each power core.
              2. There are no centre choke points.
              3. There are overall no choke points - there would be multiple ways to win.
              4. There is at least one link that links different paths - that is, instead of having two lines you have an X.
              5. Both sides are equal - usually identical, yet not easy to gain control of the power cores and needs some strategy.

So, anyone know if there are servers like that?
              oh , yeah, you are so professional , and i like , but i have played game for a long time , but istill do not know how to play it well

Comment

Like I've said, it depends on the link setup. Usually, the link setup creates choke points so all you need to do is run to the node and try to shoot it >_< While on maps with a good link setup you need to think about which node is the best to attack or defend.

Comment

There is another one: TechCom.cz ONS-32

Comment

Working...
                  X