Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryleh, I think everyone's feeling a bit pre-menstrual today as we were all hoping for the demo this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Rlyeh Ftaghn
      probably not one single texture that was in the 2k3 demo will be in the 2k4 one...
      Care to place a wager on that?

Comment

Originally posted by JavaGuy
        :weird:

If you do decide to start writing it perfectly, could you begin by finding an alternative to "mothertongue". It gives me the willies.
        nope...i find it pleasant to disturb you..

Comment

Originally posted by thelonecrouton
          Ryleh, I think everyone's feeling a bit pre-menstrual today as we were all hoping for the demo this weekend...
          yes i also thought that...but look at xon3 :haha: :haha: ...he's completely offtopic and ranting about his double posts like someone cared..

:haha: :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Rlyeh Ftaghn
            also there is nothing that is just like the ut2003 demo..the code was heavily changed, probably not one single texture that was in the 2k3 demo will be in the 2k4 one...
            Nononono, they didn't build the UT2k4 demo on the UT2k3 demo, they built the UT2k4 demo on the FULL version of UT2k4 which was built on the full version of UT2k3, then removed everything they didn't need in the demo. It's actually very likely several textures from UT2k3 are in the UT2k4 demo, since especially DM-Rankin looks like it uses at least several UT2k3 textures and meshes.
            The reason they didn't remove the old nag-screen images is because the code would give errors when looking for them. Turning the nag-screen itself on however is a coding issue, which is always done as soon as possible to sieve out any bugs that might be in. (graphics themselves don't have bugs but CAN become outdated, unlike code)
            Also, remember that the demo Mark was showing was a WIP, not a to-be-released product.

Comment

I am posting this again, because I am trying to get a very simple point across.

Originally posted by TrueGamer
              The UT2003 nag splash is only in there to serve as a placeholder until they finish making the ut2004 one. Once they make the ut2004 nag splash, all they need to do is replace a texture, and then that part is done.

THAT IS WHY THE UT2003 NAG SPLASH IS IN THERE.

Comment

Working...
              X