Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Observation regarding the upcoming demo release....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observation regarding the upcoming demo release....

Something occured to me on the way to work this morning regarding the upcoming demo release.

We all know that there is no confirmed date and that we have Mark Rein commenting (last week) that it should be ready within 2 weeks, which would suggest it would be out on or before the 12/02.

DrSin also commented in a recent thread when asked if the demo would be released this weekend that it would more than likely not.

So that potentially leaves next week? But would you really release a demo mid-week as you won't get as many people playing as you could hope for really, as people have jobs, school etc and can't stay up playing a game all night.

So if the demo was to be released within the timeframe Mark said it would that would mean just in time for next weekend yeah?

...and I'm sure every single person here who has a partner will realise what day next Satuarday is. Now is it only me who thinks that yet again you won't get the initial playtesting you might have hoped for as a lot of people wouldn't really want their partner sitting playing UT2K4 on Valentine's Day. I know I wouldn't, my wife would have my nuts on a block.

But like I said, just an observation...

This is a test of faith... faith to UT or to your lady is your choice.
    No-one said life would be easy.

Comment

lol! Good point mate! You have to love Epic for this one, I ca see the headline now - "the single biggest cause of relationship breakups in 2004 was THE DEMO"

Ah well, it will probably take so long for me to download that I wont actually have it until Sunday anyway, by which point I can use the line 'I spent all day with you yesterday hun, now I need some personal time' as I lock her out of the house

Comment

why not send your girlfriend to a spa on valetines day to enjoy some wellness, massage and swimming which gives you the time to test teh demo !!

This keeps everybody happy !

not bad, huh ?

Comment

good point.

i see only 3 realistic alternatives.

1. Thursday
          2. Friday (usual day for demo release)
          3. Saturday

not 2. because : bad omen from 2k3 demo release
          not 3. because 14.2.

so this leaves thursday as the most likely day of release, true its not really a weekend but well, 2+3 are outta race.

Comment

Believe me

it will be out on the days of Monday the 9th - Thursday the 12th...

Comment

It might be released on Monday.

Comment

Oh God, this is a [glow=red]HIDEOUS[/glow] thought. I may not even be in this country for the release of 'teh demo' if my GF has her way. This is serious....

<deliberately loses passport>

Comment

Originally posted by Snap0rz
                  It might be released on Monday.
                  Or not. There's still the chance that Mark Rein's announcement is made void by some late added delay.
                  Bugs have the nasty habit to reveal themselves at the worst possible moment.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                    Or not. There's still the chance that Mark Rein's announcement is made void by some late added delay.
                    Bugs have the nasty habit to reveal themselves at the worst possible moment.
                    True, but like i said above, thats the plan atm...

Comment

Re: Re: Observation regarding the upcoming demo release....

Originally posted by D-Z
                      Valentine's Day isn't celebrated in the entire world, you know.

I don't give a **** about Valentine's Day, as we don't celebrate it here.

So bring it on.
                      man, don't be so harsh...where are u from? Heartless Island or so?!

Comment

Who cares?
                        Valentines Day is only 1 day.

can't you just wait 24hours and then play it? It's not going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by kaTaToNiC aGonY
                          why not send your girlfriend to a spa on valetines day to enjoy some wellness, massage and swimming which gives you the time to test teh demo !!

This keeps everybody happy !

not bad, huh ?

EXACTLY!! This here is a man who gets it...

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh TeH DEMO ...

:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by 7eVeN=SwE=
                              Believe me

it will be out on the days of Monday the 9th - Thursday the 12th...
                              wow! I hope your right. Epic never lies, or makes promises that it cant keep... right?

Comment

Working...
                              X