Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement keybinds pro/contra for gameplay

hi,
    i'm just starting the thread, to get some opinions of your ingame experience with keybind usement or playing with keybind users. And what you all think in that case, how the gameplay is changed.
    Especially i mean the movement keybinds: dodging, jumping...

In my opinion, it's noobstyle playing using it.
    Just holding a key/button for making some nice moves/jumps instead of 'hard' keyboard work is, i think, unfair and the gamestyle is affected/destroyed.
    It's a shooter, so it's all about aiming and movement (strategy too ) using some 'helping hands' is for me, not far away from cheating.

Maybe it's not that big change using movement keybinds on the regular default servers. but i'm playing on modded sniper servers and there you can make till 10 jumps and on some dodge dozens of steps and fly around.

So all you pro-ut gamers, what do you think?

Describe some movement binds that seem illegal to you.

Comment

Hmm, can you make a dodge bind? Would be extremely useful in Trials!

Comment

There are no binds for things like that, only macros that can be used on macro keyboards. They also happen to be pretty worthless.

Comment

let's say macros, all right. they still work that way. you hold jump key and make on modded servers untill 10 jumps and dont need to press jump key 10 times with an exect timing.
          of course you can program every macro you want to. for movements.
          i wouldnt call it worthless, since it helps.
          you make your flight and can concentrate on your aiming, almost like sniping in the air.
          to be not misunderstood, it's not cheating or illegal.
          call it unfair playing?! noobstyle playing?
          what do you think?

Comment

I'd say it was fine however I don't know what the competitive rules set would say about it.

What your saying is almost like programing your movement for the next few jumps/dodges. This would put the person at an extreme disadvantage since you need to be able to change your movement at a seconds notice to counter your enemies actions. They would be easy targets.

Comment

What useful if any translocator binds are out there. I was spectating a CTF game on Face Classic last night and was amazed at the ability of one player to seemingly zip around the map with such precision and with little disruption in his aiming or regular movement. At times it seemed he was all but flying and seemed to translocate faster than it would take someone to normally fire their translocator beacon with one button and then switch buttons to actually translocate. Made me suspicious that somehow some type of macro was being used but as I have no experience with them I couldn't say for sure. Nor could I detect any mutators. Anyone know of keybinds that could be employed to do what he was doing or is it really just fast fingers and skill making this all possible?

Comment

Well, there's a limit of six on the translocator... If you don't recharge it, you can't translocate. So if he passed that limit, he's cheating...
                And the Q key is quite a nice one actually, good to quickly access the Translocator from any weapon.

Comment

trans was prob just skill... i used to play ctf every night for several hours, and trans should be the most used weapon for it, you can get pretty good and dam fast with it after awhile, especialy after a month doing it constantly. but tbh.. translator is 3 different keys, 1 keybind, 2 mouse button binds, you can hit all 3 at the same time easy.. and to have 1 key do the alt fire for it would be silly as youd want different distances each time so different times. the biggest thing you could do with trans is make your trans bind q, then onrelease set it to fire, but tbh.. id still do it quicker with my mouse finger.. it is pretty impressive the speed some people can get around a map with the trans, but its the same with all weapons, learn how to use it, use it lots, and you will find out how useful it is. most players dont trans enough half the time so half the server was prob full of people who hardly use trans anyway :P

Comment

Yeah it seemed like this guy was doing all the scoring for his team and had a pattern of movement each time he died as to getting back to his favored weapons and powerups--same moved to areas each time at his base to powerup before he moved on to the enemy base. He probably would have scored every time except the other team had a guy nearly equally skilled. Made my head spin how fast he got to the enemy base to stop an enemy flag carrier from scoring the tying goal just inches from the goal. Guess I should have counted his translocations.

A bind question...

What keybind script allows me to bind two weapons to the same key in a preferred selection order {say LG and Mini in that order} but also will select one of those weapons even if the other isn't in my possesion?

Comment

lg to mini as follows in your ini

F=PipedSwitchWeapon 9 | PipedSwitchWeapon 6

i think 6 is mini, posiblly its 5..

the weapon put first will be the one you get first so if you want mini first change it to backwards.

F=PipedSwitchWeapon 6 | PipedSwitchWeapon 9

edit, there's also a "getweapon" command which can be used but i don't use it so cannot remember it correctly :P

Comment

Originally posted by jackstere View Post
                        ...to stop an enemy flag carrier from scoring the tying goal just inches from the goal.
                        Last Second Save!

Originally posted by jackstere View Post
                        A bind question...

What keybind script allows me to bind two weapons to the same key in a preferred selection order {say LG and Mini in that order} but also will select one of those weapons even if the other isn't in my possesion?
                        Don't know, but if you had a mouse with extra buttons (say, left and right) like I do, you could set Mini to one, LG to another. But that requires you to press Scroll Lock, so if you don't press it, you will get both, one after another. Of course, if you don't have it, you will only get out the other one

Comment

Working...
                        X