with it.

Another thing is when someone makes a mod for Unreal
    Series do they own copyright to that or can anyone
    steal from it or is there a way to keep it so no one
    can steal from it.

Please I need help on this really bad people are
    stealing my hard long worked on maps and content for
    mods.

Is there anyway of protecting myself from others using my own made content?!?!?!

if you made a map then it is yours unless you give them permission to edit it.If someone is stealing it try to tell an admin

Comment

It was the admin of the server that did this. I cant believe they would do this to me. They don't care about what they edited they said WHO CARES YOU DON'T HAVE COPYRIGHTS TO IT!!!

Comment

As far as i'm concerned the only ones that have a copy right in the unreal series games is Epic Games, the people that made the game. How can you get a copy right on a game that was already made?

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
          As far as i'm concerned the only ones that have a copy right in the unreal series games is Epic Games, the people that made the game. How can you get a copy right on a game that was already made?
          It's not the game I said MAP!!! My hard work on my map has been taken and messed with and they told me who's cares

Comment

I know it sucks when people do that. A lot of map makers put there tag on the maps they make so people can't take credit for it. Did you put a tag on your map?

Comment

Dude, that sucks. But they are allowed to do that, unfortunately.

Comment

Well, if you put a readme in the Zip that states that you created this, and that you don't allow it to be changed or based on, then that's what others should do. If you didn't suppply a readme, then, well, it's Epic property. Or you could of added the note actors to your map.
                But actually, what's wrong with other using your map as a base? Even if they overwritten it, they will just have version mismatches. If they just deleted your name from there, then it's not legal.

Comment

I had my name on the map and a readme saying not to edit it, but changed it around a lot and then changed the name of the map saying it is theirs.

Comment

It's your copyright. They are not allowed to use any of your stuff - but you'd have to spend a lot of money trying to enforce it.

You can get worked up into a tizzy about it, start legal proceedings, or take it as a compliment and move on.

It's a bit like cheat accusations. You did good. No point in getting too worked up about it in my opinion.

Comment

It's really simple: If you don't want anyone to steal your stuff, don't release anything.
                      Generally I recommend doing releases on large public places like this forum, BeyondUnreal and similar sites. Should anyone steal your work, you basically have the whole community as your witnesses.

But I'm with Piglet on that matter. If people "borrow" your stuff, they probably did because they liked it.

Comment

Working...
                      X