Crosshair adjustment for LG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yep making it pink definitely helps a bit since the triangles stay red. I have already maxed out the scaling however and at long zoom ranges it still is easy to lose sight of the crosshair but perhaps it should be difficult to track someone at extreme range. Even so pink is close enough to red to get mixed up in environmental backwash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Choose the default sniper rifle xHair, and make it pink. You might also want to increase its "scale". The end.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
    Nope, zoomed/unzoomed are the same
    If I remember right, crosshairs being drawn on the HUD is controlled farther up the heirarchy and all the weapons can do is scale, color, opacity and which xhair to use
    Well okay Kyllian I'll try altering my normal "x" crosshair and see if it will change the look of the zoomed in one. Great crosshairs BTW though I dislike the flashing ones since they distract me even more than the hash marks I'm whining about. You've been a great help and forum member as have all who tried to help and wow no spammy or obnoxious replies--I'm impressed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nope, zoomed/unzoomed are the same
    If I remember right, crosshairs being drawn on the HUD is controlled farther up the heirarchy and all the weapons can do is scale, color, opacity and which xhair to use

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, you can't.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The arrows are the same as the rest of the scope effects, coded in the weapon.
    So you're still out of luck on changing those.

Black xhairs won't work as well as you'd think, your best bet would be my K-Aus pack since they're black/white(or whatever color you want to change the white to)
    I have those downloaded but I don't think you can change the zoomed crosshair anyway can you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The arrows are the same as the rest of the scope effects, coded in the weapon.
    So you're still out of luck on changing those.

Black xhairs won't work as well as you'd think, your best bet would be my K-Aus pack since they're black/white(or whatever color you want to change the white to)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Oh, the triangles? Well, doesn't bother me. It's even easier to see where's your central crosshair as they, well, point at it...
    And you can just fire without zooming in. I find it easier than zooming in anyway (as you can't partially zoom out).
    Yes I often don't need to zoom in either but some maps are large enough to make it useful. As I said this image doesn't truly reflect the difficulty I have encountered trying to track a target when when it may have other bots or humans crisscrossing in front of it or when other weapon effects are blasting nearby. Just wish I could perhaps change the color to say black or something with a bit more contrast. Ah well...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh, the triangles? Well, doesn't bother me. It's even easier to see where's your central crosshair as they, well, point at it...
    And you can just fire without zooming in. I find it easier than zooming in anyway (as you can't partially zoom out).

Leave a comment:

• replied

Okay I think I figured this image posting thingy out. On this shot which is on Serenity from atop the LG ammo spawn point arch looking toward the general direction of the Blue base during a Bombing Run against Godlike bots I am zoomed in on the ball carrier. Though on this shot it isn't particularly a troubling issue I dislike the red hash marks you can see near the central "X" crosshair. I find them distracting when tracking targets and was hoping it might be possible to remove them only. According to one poster here though that's not possible. Also no matter what in game color setting I use for the crosshair it often gets lost against environmental backdrops causing great inaccuracy. Is there anything I can do to relieve this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Upload it to imageshack. http://www.imageshack.us
    And then follow the instructions there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    There's an F button... F9 possibly, which takes a screenshot and puts it in your /Screenshots/ folder. You can upload that one or in game press Print Screen, then open Paint, paste, save as .PNG and upload.

Well okay I've taken the in-game screenshot and can see it in my screenshots folder but I am not sure how to proceed with getting the image here on the forum thread. Forgive me but I've never done that before...instructions please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's an F button... F9 possibly, which takes a screenshot and puts it in your /Screenshots/ folder. You can upload that one or in game press Print Screen, then open Paint, paste, save as .PNG and upload.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v8 is the most up to date version of K-Aus

And sorry, but you can't change the zoomed-in crosshair on the LG. It's a massive chunk of code embedded in the weapon itself
    Darn. Well how about possibly altering the colors of the crosshairs in some way other than through the game settings? I quite often lose sight of my crosshair zoomed or not against environmental backdrops that may be the a similar color to what my crosshair is. And GreatEmerald if I could figure out how to do an in-game screenshot and then import it to these message boards I'll certainly do that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    v8 is the most up to date version of K-Aus

And sorry, but you can't change the zoomed-in crosshair on the LG. It's a massive chunk of code embedded in the weapon itself

Leave a comment:

Working...
X