Crosshair adjustment for LG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosshair adjustment for LG

Hi all. Been awhile since I've been back to playing UT 2004 and especially since my XBOX 360 version of UT3 just doesn't have the same type of scripting control possible for a PC keyboard. Anyway I was playing again against Inhuman and Godlike bots in BR scenarios and while using the LG during Serenity discovered that I despise the little corner markers on the crosshair while zoomed in with the aiming scope--they actually distract me from the true target crosshair in the middle. I have downloaded the Gauss crosshair choices and used some of them but it seems you are not given the option to change the zoomed in crosshair at least as far as getting rid of the corner hashmarks. Can this be changed any other way such as in the user or UT 2004 ini.? And can the color of your crosshair be changed in any other method besides the control settings in game? I'd prefer to try some custom colorizing since it appears I often lose sight of my crosshair against the many and shifting environmental backdrops on many maps.

What do you mean distracts? The zoom crosshair can't be changed as it would be kind of a cheat - you have to be unable to see the sides of your screen so people could kill you from the sides. Of course, you could change it by coding a new sniper, but you need to code it :P

Comment

No Great Emerald I don't mean tampering with the FOV in any way. If you zoom with the LG you'll note the center crosshairs but you'll also note small "L" shaped hashmarks around this center crosshair forming a sort of rectangular pattern. It is these hashmarks I would prefer to be removed if possible. A simple "x" in the middle of the zoomed screen would suffice for me.

Comment

well dunno if this is going to help you but you can try it
        http://unrealtournament2004.filefron...osshairs;38630

Comment

Yep. I have the Kaus crosshairs already downloaded though this link might be a newer version. Problem was I could not change the zoomed crosshair with them. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

Hmm... Can you give me a screenshot of what marks do you mean?

Comment

v8 is the most up to date version of K-Aus

And sorry, but you can't change the zoomed-in crosshair on the LG. It's a massive chunk of code embedded in the weapon itself

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                v8 is the most up to date version of K-Aus

And sorry, but you can't change the zoomed-in crosshair on the LG. It's a massive chunk of code embedded in the weapon itself
                Darn. Well how about possibly altering the colors of the crosshairs in some way other than through the game settings? I quite often lose sight of my crosshair zoomed or not against environmental backdrops that may be the a similar color to what my crosshair is. And GreatEmerald if I could figure out how to do an in-game screenshot and then import it to these message boards I'll certainly do that.

Comment

There's an F button... F9 possibly, which takes a screenshot and puts it in your /Screenshots/ folder. You can upload that one or in game press Print Screen, then open Paint, paste, save as .PNG and upload.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                    There's an F button... F9 possibly, which takes a screenshot and puts it in your /Screenshots/ folder. You can upload that one or in game press Print Screen, then open Paint, paste, save as .PNG and upload.

Well okay I've taken the in-game screenshot and can see it in my screenshots folder but I am not sure how to proceed with getting the image here on the forum thread. Forgive me but I've never done that before...instructions please

Comment

Upload it to imageshack. http://www.imageshack.us
                      And then follow the instructions there.

Comment

Okay I think I figured this image posting thingy out. On this shot which is on Serenity from atop the LG ammo spawn point arch looking toward the general direction of the Blue base during a Bombing Run against Godlike bots I am zoomed in on the ball carrier. Though on this shot it isn't particularly a troubling issue I dislike the red hash marks you can see near the central "X" crosshair. I find them distracting when tracking targets and was hoping it might be possible to remove them only. According to one poster here though that's not possible. Also no matter what in game color setting I use for the crosshair it often gets lost against environmental backdrops causing great inaccuracy. Is there anything I can do to relieve this?

Comment

Oh, the triangles? Well, doesn't bother me. It's even easier to see where's your central crosshair as they, well, point at it...
                          And you can just fire without zooming in. I find it easier than zooming in anyway (as you can't partially zoom out).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                            Oh, the triangles? Well, doesn't bother me. It's even easier to see where's your central crosshair as they, well, point at it...
                            And you can just fire without zooming in. I find it easier than zooming in anyway (as you can't partially zoom out).
                            Yes I often don't need to zoom in either but some maps are large enough to make it useful. As I said this image doesn't truly reflect the difficulty I have encountered trying to track a target when when it may have other bots or humans crisscrossing in front of it or when other weapon effects are blasting nearby. Just wish I could perhaps change the color to say black or something with a bit more contrast. Ah well...

Comment

The arrows are the same as the rest of the scope effects, coded in the weapon.
                              So you're still out of luck on changing those.

Black xhairs won't work as well as you'd think, your best bet would be my K-Aus pack since they're black/white(or whatever color you want to change the white to)

Comment

Working...
                              X