Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic: Please consider adding a 2nd DM map to the UT2K4 demo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
    They will get tons of DM maps when they buy the game, probably double what every other game-type gets.
    this remembers me on the following, i was reading a preview of ut2004 (gamestar), they wrote "47 maps (40 from ut2003)". the first thing i thougt "hm only 7 new maps :/" but after this i read it again and realised it says "47 new maps (+ 40 from ut2003)" and i was just "WTF? 87maps! omfg"

Comment

Well - The demo probably has the maps hardcoded into it.
      To add new maps would need another code change and re-compile for a feature that is not really needed.

I predict that we will have the full game around the end of the moneth, I can live on 1 DM map until then.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSobe
        that is how I first felt, but why not, if someone spends money on UT2004 for entertainment and is entertained by DM then they should get another DM map.
        since when did we have to pay for the demo

anyways, UT2004 DM will be 99% the same as UT2003 DM...just play UT2003 DM until the full game comes out if that is all you are interested in

Comment

Another map? I wasnt even aware the demo was released so how does he know its only one map?

Comment

I agree, the demo gets boring quickly. Heck, I even start up a practice server just so I can find every nook and cranny of each map.

Then again, there are about 300 people and 63 servers still playing the UT2003 demo, from gamespy stats. That's funny when you think about it.

Comment

it doesnt matter if there is one map or two. i will devote most of my time to OnSlaught

Now two maps for that would be ok, hehe.

Comment

If there's one thing that should be pretty obvious by now.... It's that Epic (thankfully) doesn't pay attention to demo-suggestion threads like this.

If they did, there would be no DM or CTF maps in the demo, and all of the servers would be IG

Comment

Originally posted by NoGodForMe
                  Then again, there are about 300 people and 63 servers still playing the UT2003 demo, from gamespy stats. That's funny when you think about it.
                  That's my point. In my area, there are a bunch of gibgames demo servers: two for deathmatch! They're actually pretty fun because the demo has two of the best maps in all of UT2K3: Antalus and Asbestos. And for some strange reason, they're always busy, unlike the full game servers.

Asking for one extra DM map isn't asking for much, is it? If Epic is this close to a release (assuming the full version will be within a month of the demo), then they have to have at least one other fully debugged UT2K4 DM map available, right?

And, like someone else already pointed out, if an extra one is added, it shouldn't be 1v1. The whole idea is to have two rotating maps that can support the same player count.

Comment

oh yeah, i remember you now kitty, you're the admin for the 2 GibGames.com DM (2225) servers right? I love those my dialup actually has great ping there!

Comment

Originally posted by fiLa
                      . . . and i was just "WTF? 87maps! omfg"
                      Precisely.

Comment

HA! i knew it, i remember YOU Mr. Brownstone from Mapraider!

Comment

Originally posted by LeoPawnz
                          oh yeah, i remember you now kitty, you're the admin for the 2 GibGames.com DM (2225) servers right? I love those my dialup actually has great ping there!
                          Yup, that be me. I tried to compete against their demo servers, but couldn't. So after two months I gave up. One of my servers is still up, even though it's not suppose to be. I wonder how long they'll keep it up without getting paid?

Is LeoPawnz your online nic?

Comment

yep, although i constantly have new tags on, so just put *LeoPawnz on your buddy list to find me in the game. I should be on tonight actually for "all night long" fragging! here thats in about...6 hours, 10:00 p.m. for me. Ill stop by that server, see whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoPawnz
                              yep, although i constantly have new tags on, so just put *LeoPawnz on your buddy list to find me in the game. I should be on tonight actually for "all night long" fragging! here thats in about...6 hours, 10:00 p.m. for me. Ill stop by that server, see whats up.
                              Cool. You must be in my timezone (PST). I'll see if I can get some time free to join you.

Comment

coo! if i dont show its because i fell asleep: i have to wait until everyone else is asleep, im not *supposed* to sneak down and play

Comment

Working...
                                X