Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic: Please consider adding a 2nd DM map to the UT2K4 demo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic: Please consider adding a 2nd DM map to the UT2K4 demo.

Since it's an easy matter of just plopping in a second DM map, and it wouldn't take up much room, is there any chance you guys might reconsider including only one DM map in the UT2K4 demo?

Since DM matches are usually over quickly, at least compared to the other game types, it sure would be nice to have at least two maps, like in your UT2K3 demo, so there's a little variety to DMing.

No. :sour:

Comment

nah, we dont realy need it. The focus this time is on ONS and assult. We already have enough game modes to have alot of maps at 1 map each.

Comment

Here's an answer that might resemble that of a DEV.

Asking for a new map within 10 days of its expected release is obsurd! The demo is already completed and currently undergoing tests to make sure that the UT2k4 Master Server can handle all of the traffic that it will be receiving once the Demo has been released. Sorry, but due to the short amount of time, your request would not be doable.

Comment

No, im on a limited bandwidth here at school, and if i exceed it, my net gets cut.:cry:

so i NEED it to be about 250 megs.

anymore would be bad...

Comment

since DM sux why would u want more of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
              No. :sour:
              that is how I first felt, but why not, if someone spends money on UT2004 for entertainment and is entertained by DM then they should get another DM map. Its a game FFS whatever someone enjoys they enjoy, give poeple more and more and more and more and more... I'll take all the assult maps while they are at it

Comment

The demos not just a showcase, its a teaser too. Putting in too much would be unwise, as it might not leave people voraciously wanting more... Remember, this is a product, not a fun game made especially for you.

Comment

MikeSobe > It’s a demo, and I’ve already argued about too many DM maps in the demo. One, well-chosen DM map is fine.

Any why do you reason that a DM player should get an extra map because they enjoy the game-type? They will get tons of DM maps when they buy the game, probably double what every other game-type gets.

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
                    No, im on a limited bandwidth here at school, and if i exceed it, my net gets cut.:cry:

so i NEED it to be about 250 megs.

anymore would be bad...
                    Get a DL manager like REGET just incase that happens. You won't have to start your DL over.

Comment

How about giving us UT2004 for free all together

Comment

Arhg it would delay teh demo for another two weeks maybe. Let them release it finally d*mn :up:

Comment

Re: Epic: how 'bout adding a 2nd DM map to the UT2K4 demo?

Originally posted by KittyFantastico
                          Since it's an easy matter of just plopping in a second DM map, and it wouldn't take up much room, is there any chance you guys might reconsider including only one DM map in the UT2K4 demo?

Since DM matches are usually over quickly, at least compared to the other game types, it sure would be nice to have at least two maps, like in your UT2K3 demo, so there's a little variety to DMing.
                          You can't make a difference. Sorry but someone had to break it to you.

Comment

I know there is a point I was just oh well I agree... just didn't feel like being mean about it. I haven't been hanging arond here much so felt like being nice but in reality I agree one DM is enough if any.

Comment

IG'ers dont get no IG in demo, you dont get 2nd DM map in demo!

Comment

Working...
                              X