Detailed textures in the Ut2004-demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detailed textures in the Ut2004-demo?

As a gfx-geek, I wonder, will they put the highres textures in the UT2004demo or just the medium to keep the dowload rel small?

My guess is they will keep them relatively small. Keep in mind that people on dialup still have to download (it will take too long) and if the file size is too large then bandwidth will be sucked up in no time. The super detailed textures aren't exactly that important for the demo, IMO. However, the larger the demo, the more Epic can showcase the game. It's really up to whatever they think is best.

Comment

I'd say it will be like the UT'03-demo where the high-detail textures weren't available to keep the filesize down to reasonable levels for the few, the slow, the lagged-to-hell and back modem-users.

Comment

The version at the Raleigh playtest didn't have high-res textures available... going on that, and Raffi and JaFO's points, I doubt there'll be any change for teh REEL demo.

Comment

As long as they have the gametypes they said they would have in the demo, and the demo is less that 250 megs i dont care what detail tex they have..

Comment

They will most likely be at most medium textures. If they were high+ the demo would be 250MB+. Luckily im getting dsl soon

Comment

Hopefully, the demo size won't be in the stratosphere.

Hopefully.

Comment

What do they mean exactly by high-res detailed textures?? 2048*2048 ?

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                  What do they mean exactly by high-res detailed textures?? 2048*2048 ?
                  more 512x512 or 1024x1024 I guess, 2048x2048K would be nice though

Comment

Working...
                  X