IG Damage - results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel_Mapper
    Thats not the matter of us or him knowing it. Its a matter of proving it.
    -DM_Agony knows IR deals 100 damage
    -I know it deals 1000 damage
    -FragMaster666 knows IR deals 250 damage and he knows too that his mut only affect starting health (<- thats not possible in theory, exactly what ArPharazon just said )

See, there are ppl already taking a "250dam IRifle" for a possible amount again, post before yours. Thats because nothing is proved, thats just numbers. Yes in this case its pretty hard to misread but often it happens too, or just an occasional change, or whatever. Without link to the source of the information its just hot-air. Of course a reputation also plays a role so your words weight more than some other for me in this matter

PS hope its not a problem i call so many names here. Nothing personal, its just not possible otherwise imho.

Comment

Try the "SET Pawn Health 2000" method instead of your mutator. You'll see that you *always* need two hits to kill someone.
      And post your mutator's code, please. I'm sure there's a bug in it somewhere.

Comment

Has no-one ever bothered to look at the TTM improved scoreboard while playing instagib ?

Whenever you make a frag in instagib, the Damage Given number rises with 1000, thus leaving me to conclude that the instarifle indeed does 1000 damage points.

Comment

Ever thought about TTM being ****, which is why nobody would use it?

Comment

Wombo you are just 3vIl! :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by NickR
              Wombo you are just 3vIl! :haha:
              Agreed

Comment

it actually depends on your version of ut2003..

In the version that is installed from CD, the IG rifle does infact deal only 250p of damage.
                With that version you are able to "boost" your health/armor in IG games to the max and you can then take the first hit without dieing :P

This was changed in a subsequent patch but i dont know which one.

cya

[Edit] PS: TTM is for blind/deaf people only.

Comment

Originally posted by AstralQW
                  In the version that is installed from CD, the IG rifle does infact deal only 250p of damage.
                  People with an unpatched version have no right to talk, especially when it comes to "important" questions like InstaGib damage. :haha: :bulb:

But you know that there's a patch already, do you FragMaster666?
                  BTW: That patch will enable you to play on much more servers without getting kicked by Anti TCC or getting crashed by TTM.

Comment

Angel_Mapper
                    You see
                    DamageMin=250
                    DamageMax=250
                    is correct too, from his point of view

StarSeeker
                    Perhaps TTM caps the damage, who knows, its a mutator after all so it wouldn’t work very well as an argument imho.

AstralQW
                    If you think, without TTM, skins do look much worse you just not tweaked enough Ok, they look worse, but still much better to see than untweaked ones. Now hf trying to see an enemy while he picks u up from a distance, cos he can see you very well. And i better just play on TTM servers. TTM skins are used not becasue ppl are "blind" but because they want(and have) same chances even with UltraHigh graphics

Bah TTM-hater will never get it, but they never win so its not a big problem

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                      Well, according to the code:

Damage = DamageMin;
                      if ( (DamageMin != DamageMax) && (FRand() > 0.5) )
                      Damage += Rand(1 + DamageMax - DamageMin);
                      Damage = Damage * DamageAtten;
                      Other.TakeDamage(Damage, Instigator, HitLocation, Momentum*X, DamageType);

All that's saying is if the DamageMin isn't the same number as the DamageMax, generate a random number between 0 and 1. If it's greater than 0.5 (50% chance), calculate a random damage between DamageMax and DamageMin.

And looking at the default properties of the IG rifle:

DamageMin=1000
                      DamageMax=1000

[EDIT]Dammit Boksha.
                      you must be a computer princess. marry me.

Comment

Re: Re: IG Damage - results!

Originally posted by BTCOMM
                        If that is true, it probrably takes health away and doesn't touch the shield.
                        Just what I was thinking. Can you even get shields on IG?

Comment

Originally posted by AstralQW
                          it actually depends on your version of ut2003..

With that version you are able to "boost" your health/armor in IG games to the max and you can then take the first hit without dieing :P

This was changed in a subsequent patch but i dont know which one.

cya

[Edit] PS: TTM is for blind/deaf people only.
                          Think that explaines it.

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                          -FragMaster666 knows IR deals 250 damage and he knows too that his mut only affect starting health (<- thats not possible in theory, exactly what ArPharazon just said )
                          It does only affect starting health.

Comment

Ok who cares? the only reason this is half relavent is because overlords are so frickin hard to kill and seriously who plays invasion!?

Comment

Working...
                            X