IG Damage - results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IG Damage - results!

There have been lots of debates as to how much damage the super shock rifle on IG actually does. I have heard "199", "1000", "10000" and "9999".

Most of you won't care, but it does 250 damage. I put UT2003 on IG using a mod that gives 5000 damage, and after getting hit with the rifle, my health went to 4750.

So no more guesses

Far too few damage for a mighty InstaRifle :up: You are mistaken, or probably just programmed your mod incorrect.
    IG must deal more than 250 damage, because a max. health is 199+150=349

Easy way to see. Load a session with a godlike bot, type
    set xpawn health 5000
    and see Instarifle dealing exactly 1000 damage.
    kthxbye :up:

Comment

Go into your ut2003 maps folder and find the vehicledemo map. Change the name to DM-vehicledemo. Go into instant action and set it for deathmatch and find the vehicle demo map. Set the mutator to IG. Spawn a vehicle and jump into it and see how much life it has. Exit and shoot it with the IG rifle. Jump back in, it will take 100 life from the vehicle.

Comment

DamageMin=1000
        DamageMax=1000
        Momentum=100000
        FireRate=1.1

vs normal shock:

DamageMin=45
        DamageMax=45
        Momentum=60000.0
        FireRate=0.7

Comment

Boksha
          Theory vs Practice

Comment

Originally posted by DM_Agony
            Go into your ut2003 maps folder and find the vehicledemo map. Change the name to DM-vehicledemo. Go into instant action and set it for deathmatch and find the vehicle demo map. Set the mutator to IG. Spawn a vehicle and jump into it and see how much life it has. Exit and shoot it with the IG rifle. Jump back in, it will take 100 life from the vehicle.
            true but the damage done to vehicles and players differ

on custom dm maps with the SSR it kills players no matter what amout of health and armor he got.

in IG games when the map switches you can still shoot people after the game is over (the sec b4 map change) and it makes their health -900 (that's 1000 HP gone i dunno if this is accurate in any way though)

Comment

Well, according to the code:

Damage = DamageMin;
              if ( (DamageMin != DamageMax) && (FRand() > 0.5) )
              Damage += Rand(1 + DamageMax - DamageMin);
              Damage = Damage * DamageAtten;
              Other.TakeDamage(Damage, Instigator, HitLocation, Momentum*X, DamageType);

All that's saying is if the DamageMin isn't the same number as the DamageMax, generate a random number between 0 and 1. If it's greater than 0.5 (50% chance), calculate a random damage between DamageMax and DamageMin.

And looking at the default properties of the IG rifle:

DamageMin=1000
              DamageMax=1000

[EDIT]Dammit Boksha.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                DamageMin=1000
                DamageMax=1000
                Momentum=100000
                FireRate=1.1

vs normal shock:

DamageMin=45
                DamageMax=45
                Momentum=60000.0
                FireRate=0.7
                So what's up with my version of the game then? I've now tried it with 500 health and I have 250 health after I am shot once. Hell, I've just set it so my health is 251, and after 1 hit, I have 1 health left.

If you think something is up with my mod, I can give the code!

Comment

Originally posted by FragMaster666
                  If you think something is up with my mod, I can give the code!
                  Remember that there are things that can change the actual damage you receive. This is usually done in the GameRules class, under the NetDamage function.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                    Remember that there are things that can change the actual damage you receive. This is usually done in the GameRules class, under the NetDamage function.
                    Yes, but I have NEVER modified any of the original code. All this mod does is start player health at 251, and after 1 shot, it goes to 1. The mod was just created for testing this. That is ALL it does.

Comment

Any other mutators or custom-gametypes running ?
                      Species enabled perhaps ?
                      Or what about the game-difficulty setting ? (ie : novice ?)
                      Player vs player or player vs bot ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                        Boksha
                        Theory vs Practice
                        "In theory, theres no difference between theory and practice.
                        In practice, there is."

- dunno who said that, but i like it - lol

Comment

ArPharazon
                          Yeah thats pretty good :up:

Unfortunately on this forum practice means nothing.
                          Just take a look at DM_Agony's post, where he shows I-rifle deals 100 damage :bulb:
                          Theory though too. There is no source given for those "code" lines. F.e. SuperShockBeamFire.uc Just unproved statements again. One could as well write

DamageMin=250
                          DamageMax=250

And that would correlate with practice as well as we see.

I find this lack of arguments really lowering the discussion level often leading to flame wars at the end, thats what this forum is known for actually. Strange, it fits together :bulb:

Comment

Re: IG Damage - results!

Originally posted by FragMaster666
                            There have been lots of debates as to how much damage the super shock rifle on IG actually does. I have heard "199", "1000", "10000" and "9999".

Most of you won't care, but it does 250 damage. I put UT2003 on IG using a mod that gives 5000 damage, and after getting hit with the rifle, my health went to 4750.

So no more guesses

If that is true, it probrably takes health away and doesn't touch the shield.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about, we copied those properties right out of the script for that weapon (which you just named, so you know they're the right values). And Agony was dealing damage to a vehicle. Vehicle != Player.

Comment

Working...
                              X