Team DeathMatch mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team DeathMatch mapping

I was at the final stage of making my first map, when i hit a brick wall.Until i tried to play Team Deathmatch i didn't even know the problem existed.The map works fine in DeathMatch, but in TeamDeathmach it spawns only the blue team.I didn't find any reason for it in LevelProperties.Where should i be looking?
    Also, if anyone out there has any working links on how to make a terrain in a map instead of just plain flat surface, please, don't be shy to put them here.

There's something called 'team' (or similar) in the PlayerStart properties. it's set to either 0 or 1, although in a gametype like Team DM I don't think it should matter. Just something to try though.

For tutorials, just try a few minutes with Google, it's never failed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan Hunter View Post
      There's something called 'team' (or similar) in the PlayerStart properties. it's set to either 0 or 1, although in a gametype like Team DM I don't think it should matter. Just something to try though.

For tutorials, just try a few minutes with Google, it's never failed me.
      I tried that on the spot(adjusting PlayerStart properties), but as you said, it shouldn't matter, and it didn't.
      The problem occured when i thought that it would be cool and original to put some monsters in the map,any unsuspecting player that tries it for the first time would go "What the FCK is this!?"
      It recently dawned to me that the engine doesn't know what team the monsters belong to as they don't have a team number.
      So i had to delete those, and now it works as it should.What a waste of a good idea!

Comment

Working...
      X