Disappearing flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing flag

While playing the other day (2k3) - I was defending the flag room when - Whola! - the flag disappeared - How do you do that - is it a trick or a sequence of things you have to do to make it invisible? - I have used adrenaline before - but the player goes invisible and not the flag. Anyone with suggestions or an explanation ? - The other team of course won the round - having this sneaky trick.

Did someone take your flag without you noticing ?

Comment

There's two possible explanations for this.
      First, and most likely if you were playing on an ATCC protected server (were you?) is that your opponent knew an engine exploit to get a hold of the flag without actually touching it. I've heard this is possible, even tho' I can't really imagine how. (I've also never seen it happen)
      Second, and most likely if you were playing on an unprotected or UTSecure protected server, is that your enemy was just using an invisibility exploit. Unlike the invisibility combo, this exploit also makes anything you carry with you (flags, weapons, possibly even the BR ball) invisible.

Comment

LOL - Yea - I was watching - it happened a few times and there was someone else who saw it too - we just looked at eachother dumbfounded - - Sounds like the "invisibility exploit" - How do I tell if the server is a ATCC protected server? - It was a low grav and instagiv server - Here is the entry out of my ini file :
        Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="64.174.9.112",Port=7777, QueryPort=7778,ServerName="HIU Labs CTF Server 1")

Comment

Originally posted by The-Charkra
          LOL - Yea - I was watching - it happened a few times and there was someone else who saw it too - we just looked at eachother dumbfounded - - Sounds like the "invisibility exploit" - How do I tell if the server is a ATCC protected server? - It was a low grav and instagiv server - Here is the entry out of my ini file :
          Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="64.174.9.112",Port=7777, QueryPort=7778,ServerName="HIU Labs CTF Server 1")
          A server is properly protected if there's mention of AntiTCC in the server info somewhere. From the looks of it, the server is indeed not runningn any protection software.

Comment

I was playing on a demo server a week or so ago and there was something weird like this going on. No flags appeared on flag carriers - when you took the flag the flag would turn invisible even though YOU were still visible. I would check the hud to see who had my flag and hunt them down but they did not appear to have it. Once I killed them, the flag dropped. This seemed to happen regardless of who took the flag so it probably wasn't a client side hack. Like I said, weird.

Comment

Working...
            X