Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    i dont use thouse... i just save a .tga file with inbedded transparancy
    If it works for ya, its all good

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kel
    I think he might have meant the mask which tells 2k3 what to make transparent
    I dunno about most people, but I save the mask into the alpha channel of .tga files
    i dont use thouse... i just save a .tga file with inbedded transparancy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    alpha channel?
    I think he might have meant the mask which tells 2k3 what to make transparent
    I dunno about most people, but I save the mask into the alpha channel of .tga files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    alpha channel?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    don't forget to also move the alpha channel higher then

In quake3 you can just change cross position with two cvars

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BTCOMM
    Cool, thanks for all info one thing I still wonder is if it's possible to move the crosshair up in location on the screen for certain guns.
    create a new identical xhair with the hight modification ^^

(max 30 pixels in all directions though)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, thanks for all info one thing I still wonder is if it's possible to move the crosshair up in location on the screen for certain guns.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i already tried GIMP. It just refuses to be transparent. Strange menus. And strange color representation f.e. the crosshair background has a colour of (RGB) 64/64/64. While making a "color -> transparent" procedure one can input a needed color.. but not as RGB. So one have really no idea. After some digging i was able to convert one system to another, but still one can see a background in ut2k3 o_O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS7/8 is alot better than gimp but it's costly...

Adobe got free trials (30 day demo's) on their site i recall though...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gimp is a free image editing program that can do it, the opensource equivalent of PhotoShop so to say.

download : http://www.gimp.org

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it free? o_O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
    The main problem imho is to find a program which can save transparency and ut2k3 also accepts it :sour: Else you will get a black(more or less) square instead of a crosshair. I couldnt find such a program yet
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...0&pagenumber=4
    All you need is Paint Shop Pro 7 or higher
    Page 4 has a mini-tutorial on how to do masks(pics gone tho)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use photoshop 7. I just make the crosshair I want, then save it as the .dds (Direct Draw Surface) file type, which UnrealEd accepts very readily. I just save all my custom ones to a package called "Rafficrosshairs" and then I modify my user.ini

Simple as that, really :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The main problem imho is to find a program which can save transparency and ut2k3 also accepts it :sour: Else you will get a black(more or less) square instead of a crosshair. I couldnt find such a program yet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...0&pagenumber=1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X